|By PR Newswire||
|November 12, 2012 07:06 AM EST||
WAYNE, N.J., Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Toys"R"Us® today announced that its stores nationwide will open their doors at 8pm on Thanksgiving night to welcome eager Black Friday shoppers as they begin their holiday shopping in earnest.* On Thursday, November 22, the 32-page Toys"R"Us Thanksgiving weekend circular will arrive in newspapers across the country and appear online at Toysrus.com. Featured are more than 300 deals representing $12,000 in potential savings, including 200-plus fantastic doorbusters of up to 80% off, Thursday through Saturday discounts and free gift-with-purchase offers. The first 200 customers to line up at their local Toys"R"Us store on Thursday evening will receive a complimentary Great Big Goody Bag packed with gifts that are small in size and big on value.** Featuring fun playthings from top brands, including Crayola™, LEGO® and Disney Jr.® worth $30 in total value, this special offer is sure to help parents and gift givers add a little extra something to holiday stockings.
Those who just can't wait until Thanksgiving to discover all the great values packed in the company's Black Friday ad can get a sneak preview by visiting the Toys"R"Us Facebook page, Facebook.com/Toysrus, beginning Monday, November 19 at 12 noon EST. On its Facebook page, Toys"R"Us will also offer a Black Friday Red Carpet Sweepstakes, whereby one lucky winner will receive VIP treatment as they are given early access to their local store to enjoy a private in-store shopping experience before the crowds enter the doors.
"Among the many Thanksgiving Day rituals is setting aside time for families to circle the must-have gifts and coveted doorbusters that appear in the Toys"R"Us Black Friday circular. Our customers love the thrill of Black Friday shopping and equally enjoy getting an early start on their search for the best deals," said Peter Reiner, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Toys"R"Us, U.S. "All season long we've worked hard to provide our customers with additional ways to shop and save, and now we're excited to open Toys"R"Us stores across the country at 8pm on Thanksgiving evening to help start their weekend of holiday shopping off right when visiting us for all their hot toy needs."
From Lalaloopsy™ and Cody Simpson dolls to HD TVs and touch-screen tablets, plus LEGO® sets, scooters, Crayola™ crafts, ride-ons, play kitchens and more, customers will find hundreds of toys at unbeatable prices. Toys"R"Us doors will remain open until 10pm on Friday, November 23 to accommodate the millions of shoppers looking to snap up these extraordinary deals at whatever time is most convenient for them.* Consumers can also take advantage of the same Thanksgiving weekend deals and discounts at Toysrus.com beginning Thursday, November 22 at 8pm.
Toys"R"Us to Serve Up Hefty Helping of Hot Doorbusters at 8pm Thanksgiving Night
While customers may be stuffed from a delicious dinner of turkey, casseroles and mashed potatoes, Toys"R"Us is helping consumers who have an appetite for saving by offering tempting doorbuster deals on the must-have items of the season. When the dinner table is cleared, eager shoppers will begin scanning their newspaper circulars for Black Friday deals and laying out their holiday shopping strategy with family and friends. With Toys"R"Us stores opening at 8pm on Thanksgiving evening, an early stop at The World's Greatest Toy Store® will allow savvy savers across the country even more hours to shop for Black Friday values on the toys their children named in their letters to Santa.
Following are examples of select doorbusters available at Toys"R"Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com beginning Thursday, November 22 at 8pm through Friday, November 23 at 10pm, while supplies last (no rain checks):
- FREE $20 Toys"R"Us Gift Card, Plus $30 Bonus iTunes Multipack ($50 Total Value) with the purchase of a 4th Gen Apple® 16GB iPod touch
- FREE Nintendo 3DS Headset ($29.99 Value) with the purchase of ANY Nintendo 3DS Hardware
- BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Trash Pack products priced $14.99 or less – Prices Vary
- BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Nintendo Wii U Software Purchases – Prices Vary
- 50% OFF ALL Vtech MobiGo Touch Learning System Cartridges and Accessories – Prices Vary
- 50% OFF Abbey or Frankie Monster High Doll and Fashion Set – Was $24.99; Now $12.49 (Each)
- 50% OFF Fisher-Price Grand Dollhouse – Was $79.99; Now $39.99
- 40% OFF Lalaloopsy Toffee/Ember or Misty/Rosy 2-Packs – Was $49.99; Now $29.99 (Each)
- 40% OFF ALL Kids' Flip-Open Sofas and High-Back Chairs – Prices Vary
- SAVE $150 on the Barbie or Grey Escalade Ride-Ons – (Each) Was $419.99; Now $269.99
- SAVE $100 on the Samsung Galaxy II 10" Tablet – Was $399.99; Now $299.99
- SAVE $80 on the Kyros 7" 4GB Tablet – Was $179.99; Now $99.99
- SAVE $50 on the COBY 19" LED HD TV – Was $149.99; Now $99.99
- SAVE $25 on Skylanders Giants Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $49.99
- ONLY $10 for Babies"R"Us Specially Marked Boxes of Diapers (48-84 count) – Limit of 4 per Customer
Early to Bed, Early to Rise: Great Deals on Baby Must-Haves Beginning 5am Friday
Those who can't help but drift off into a full-stomach slumber after gobbling down their turkey dinner can rest easy knowing they won't miss out on great deals and doorbusters for their little ones if they delay shopping until the next day. Customers will still have the opportunity to take advantage of incredible savings at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us stores, with all-new doorbuster deals available on Friday morning.
Following are examples of the doorbusters available on Friday, November 23 from 5am until 10pm, while supplies last (no rain checks):
FREE Renaissance Lifetime Crib in Espresso ($379.99 Value) with the purchase of a Renaissance Double Dresser AND 5-Drawer Dresser in Espresso (Excludes Special Orders)
BUY ONE GET ONE FREE on ALL Tommee Tippee Feeding Items – Prices Vary
60% OFF Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature® Digital Sensor Pad Monitor – Was $145.99; Now $59.99
50% OFF Simmons Kids' BeautySleep Refreshing Dreams Mattress – Was $149.99; Now $74.99
50% OFF Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair in Tan Circles – Was $59.99; Now $29.99
50% OFF Motorola Digital Video Monitor with 1.8" Color LCD Screen – Was $139.99; Now $69.99
SAVE $200 on ANY Shermag Cherry Bella Glider AND Ottoman in Buckwheat
SAVE $130 on Babi Italia Eastside Classic and Island Cribs
ONLY $5 (Each) for ALL Kids"R"Us Mix and Match Separates (Girls and Boys, sizes 2T to 5T)
ONLY $4 (Each) for ALL Koala Baby Infant Mix and Match Separates (Girls and Boys, sizes newborn to 24 months)
More than 100 Additional Discounts Available Thursday through Saturday
Adding to the compelling lineup of Thanksgiving evening and Black Friday morning doorbusters, Toys"R"Us will deliver a weekend of savings made complete with more than 100 extra deals and discounts available at Toys"R"Us stores nationwide.
Following are highlights of the values customers can take advantage of at Toys"R"Us stores from Thursday, November 22 at 8pm through Saturday, November 24 at midnight, while supplies last (no rain checks):
- FREE Air Flo Controller ($34.99 Value) with the purchase of ANY PS3 or Xbox 360 Hardware
- FREE LEGO Remote Control Plus $10 Toys"R"Us Gift Card ($39.99 Total Value) with the purchase of Nintendo Wii Black System/Sports Resort Bundle
- BUY ONE GET ONE for $1 on Select Video Game Titles – Prices Vary
- BUY TWO GET ONE FREE on Beyblade Single and 2-Pack Tops and Beywheelz – Prices Vary
- 65% OFF Thomas the Tank Engine Thomas Trackmaster Cranky & Flynn Set – Was $71.99; Now $24.99
- 50% OFF Imaginarium 55-Piece Train Set with Table – Was $79.99; Now $39.99
- 50% OFF ALL Carter's Clothing and Sleepwear – Prices Vary
- 50% OFF ALL Kids"R"Us Bed-in-a-Bags – Was $129.99; Now $64.99
- 30% OFF ALL Diaper Bags – Prices Vary
- SAVE $70 on Step2 Neat and Tidy Cottage – Was $169.99; Now $99.99
- SAVE $60 on Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat (Breakers) – Was $179.99; Now $119.99
- SAVE $10 on ALL Air Swimmers (Helium Tank Sold Separately) – Prices Vary
- SAVE $10 on ANY Pampers Value Box of Diapers – Limit of 3 per Customer
- ONLY $24.99 for NERF N-Strike Stampede ECS-50 Blaster or Vortex Nitron Blaster
Facebook Fans Receive VIP Treatment: Sneak Peek of Deals and Red Carpet Sweepstakes
Fans of the company's official Facebook fan page at Facebook.com/Toysrus will get a sneak peek of the Toys"R"Us Thanksgiving weekend circular this afternoon, plus, they can enter a special sweepstakes for the chance to win a VIP Black Friday shopping experience, now through November 15 at 11:59pm EST. One winner will receive limo service and red carpet entry to their local Toys"R"Us store on Thanksgiving evening at 7pm – one hour before the store officially opens for Black Friday shopping. This winner will also receive a $1,000 Toys"R"Us gift card and a personal shopper to assist them in selecting the perfect gifts for the kids on their list.*** One hundred second prize winners will receive a $100 Toys"R"Us gift card to use on Black Friday. All winners will be notified by email at least one week prior to Thanksgiving. After visiting Facebook.com/Toysrus to enter, social-savvy customers are encouraged to let their friends and family know about this exciting shopping opportunity simply by clicking the "Share" button.
To download select images of the 2012 Toys"R"Us Thanksgiving weekend circular, please click here.
For all the latest news about the 2012 Holiday Season at Toys"R"Us, visit "R" Holiday Press Room at http://www.toysrusinc.com/press-room/r-holiday-press-room/.
*Toys"R"Us stores nationwide will open at 8pm on Thursday, November 22, except for stores in Paramus, NJ, which will open on Friday, November 23 at 7am, and select stores in Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Puerto Rico, which will have varying store open times. While 288 Toys"R"Us locations will close at 10pm on Friday, November 23, 311 locations will remain open until 11pm local time. In general, these hours do not apply to Toys"R"Us Express or Outlet locations, which will follow the hours of their respective shopping centers. All store hours can be found online at www.Toysrus.com/BlackFridayStoreHours.
**One gift bag will be provided per family. Customers will receive their gift bags upon entering the store. Contents may vary.
***If the grand prize winner is not within a 100 (one hundred) mile radius of a Toys"R"Us store location, Toys"R"Us reserves the right to substitute the shopping spree with a gift card of comparable or greater value.
About Toys"R"Us, Inc.
Toys"R"Us, Inc. is the world's leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. Merchandise is sold in 875 Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, and in more than 640 international stores and over 150 licensed stores in 35 countries and jurisdictions. In addition, it exclusively operates the legendary FAO Schwarz brand and sells extraordinary toys in the brand's flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City. With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites including Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, eToys.com and FAO.com, it provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys"R"Us, Inc. employs approximately 70,000 associates annually worldwide. The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need. Additional information about Toys"R"Us, Inc. can be found on Toysrusinc.com. Follow Toys"R"Us, Babies"R"Us and FAO Schwarz on Facebook at Facebook.com/Toysrus, Facebook.com/Babiesrus and Facebook.com/FAO and on Twitter at Twitter.com/Toysrus and Twitter.com/Babiesrus.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- 2013 CEA Industry Forum to Feature Holiday Sales Trends and Five Techs to Watch, High-Level Keynoters and CE Hall of Fame Dinner
- The Death of the Office
- 3CX To Leverage WebRTC
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- TokBox Launches WebRTC Support
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- How Good APM and Capacity Planning Can Help Global Carriers
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up