|By PR Newswire||
|November 23, 2012 09:30 AM EST||
CHICAGO, Nov. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Zacks Equity Research discusses the U.S. Retail, including J. C. Penney Co. Inc. (NYSE:JCP), Build-A-Bear Workshop Inc. (NYSE:BBW) and Apple Inc (Nasdaq:AAPL).
A synopsis of today's Industry Outlook is presented below. The full article can be read at
Uncertain and sluggish economic conditions continue to weigh upon the retailers, indicating a grim outlook in terms of profitability and consequent growth. However, continuous efforts on their part to offer innovative products and value pricing have been paying off in an economy which is still in the doldrums. It is still a tough time for retailers, who are using all their resources in order to combat the sluggishness.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the U.S. retail and food services sales declined 0.3% from the prior month sales to $411.6 billion in October.
The "Re" is Back in Retailing
'Transformation' is the new mantra for the retailers. Despite rapid technological advancements, which are influencing consumer behavior, the retail industry continues to reinvent, redesign and revitalize its physical store formats to maintain their dominance.
Of late, retail giants including Best Buy Co. Inc., Target Corp., J. C. Penney Co. Inc. (NYSE:JCP) and Build-A-Bear Workshop Inc. (NYSE:BBW) are focused on revisiting and re-evaluating conventionality and traditional business traits, while also envisioning its brick-and-mortar store merchandise offerings. Additionally, these companies continue to actively re-engineer and re-tool various systems and processes.
Moreover, the retail groups are coming up with strategic initiatives to boost operating efficiencies, drive growth and enhance shareholder's value. Most retailers are focusing on abridging costs drastically to ensure competent operating channels. We believe that such measures are necessary to gain competitive advantage over peers. However, focus on improving the top line should be prioritized to accelerate long-term growth.
The above mentioned traits are evident from the efforts of J. C. Penney, which has left no stone unturned to bring the company back on the growth trajectory. Management has taken up everything from implementation of new pricing strategy, fresh logo and strategic merchandise and cost reduction initiatives, while enhancing the shopping experience of customers.
Moreover, the leading specialty retailer of consumer electronic products -- Best Buy intends to get rid of stores that are not contributing to its growth, while modifying others are also on the cards. The company plans to transform its big-box format to a big profit center by redesigning its prototype stores to mimic Apple Inc's (Nasdaq:AAPL) retail store format.
Zacks.com is a property of Zacks Investment Research, Inc., which was formed in 1978 by Leonard Zacks. As a PhD from MIT Len knew he could find patterns in stock market data that would lead to superior investment results. Amongst his many accomplishments was the formation of his proprietary stock picking system; the Zacks Rank, which continues to outperform the market by nearly a 3 to 1 margin. The best way to unlock the profitable stock recommendations and market insights of Zacks Investment
Research is through our free daily email newsletter; Profit from the Pros. In short, it's your steady flow of Profitable ideas GUARANTEED to be worth your time! Register for your free subscription to Profit from the Pros at http://at.zacks.com/?id=4581.
Visit http://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ZacksInvestmentResearch
Disclaimer: Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investors should always research companies and securities before making any investments. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any security.
SOURCE Zacks Investment Research, Inc.
- Veo, the new App for iPhone, iPod Touch and Android Offers "Free Stuff" from Big Brands to Hispanic Shoppers; First of its Kind in Hispanic Category
- Enterprise Mobility Asia News Weekly – Week of March 2, 2014
- Security Solutions Discussed by Industry Leaders in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews With HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks, Nuance, StrikeForce, Xcluesiv Cloud Technology
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- MBaaS, Cloud Computing and Architectures for Enterprise Mobility - What Your Mother Never Told You
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- Eliminating Mobility Silos
- How to Develop Apps for Vehicles
- Wake Up! Your Business Has Changed!
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Book Review | iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (4th Edition)
- Enterprise Mobility Asia News Weekly – Week of March 9, 2014
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (A through L)
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- Security Solutions Discussed by Industry Leaders in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews With HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks, StrikeForce, Xcluesiv Cloud Technology, and PSA Security Network
- Mobile Malware Milestone
- How to Choose Business Software: The Top 5 Considerations
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Enterprise Mobility Asia News Weekly – Week of March 2, 2014
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?