|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 11:43 AM EST||
WILLIAMSBURG, Va., Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The festive and timeless allure of Greater Williamsburg creates unforgettable holiday memories. Consider these seven ways to experience the region this year:
Carol through the Past: Join an evening of caroling with Governor Yeardley at Historic Jamestown's A Christmas Be Mery evening program before witnessing the firing of the Christmas guns on Jamestown Island.
Dance Minuets: Visit the historic Governor's Palace ballroom for A Collection of Colonial Dance, a special evening performance of colonial minuets, country, and theatrical dances accompanied by live music played on period musical instruments.
Experience Colonial Traditions: During A Colonial Christmas at Jamestown Settlement and Yorktown Victory Center, discover through historical interpretation the holiday traditions of 17th- and 18th-century colonial Virginia.
Take Tea with Charles Dickens: Create family memories on December 17 at Holiday Tea with Charles Dickens, featuring a delightful one-man performance of A Christmas Carol by Gerald Dickens, the great-great-grandson of Charles Dickens, at the Williamsburg Inn, celebrating its 75th anniversary this year.
Travel through Europe: Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration transforms America's most beautiful theme park into a winter wonderland with six million twinkling lights, dazzling Christmas-themed shows, culinary masterpieces and artisan-made gifts. 2012 brings new experiences with Holiday Hills, a nostalgia-inducing Americana Christmas-themed section of the park. Celebrate a time gone by when holiday traditions were bold, flashy and warm as apple pie.
Uncover Decorating Secrets: New for 2012, learn Colonial Williamsburg techniques for making the wreaths, swags, centerpieces, and traditional decorations using fresh fruit, greens and other natural material that decorate historic properties in the Revolutionary City.
Toast to the New Year: Join Williamsburg Lodge Executive Chef Rhys Lewis for Wine, Wit & Wisdom, the interactive wine tasting experience, as he pairs some of the world's greatest wines with artisan cheeses and chocolates for New Year's Eve in "Champagne" and Other Sparkling Places.
For more information on visiting Greater Williamsburg and the holiday offerings, go to www.visitwilliamsburg.com.
SOURCE Greater Williamsburg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- Innovative Products, Financial Results Schedule, Annual General Meeting, and Mortgage Survey Results - Research Report on Google, TripAdvisor, Akamai, Bitauto, and Bankrate
- Global Cloud Computing Services Industry
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- TokBox Launches WebRTC Support
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up