|By PR Newswire||
|November 30, 2012 03:58 PM EST||
DENVER, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Colorado is buzzing with new offerings and enhancements this winter. Lodging, museum, attraction, ski and food news are just some of the state's exciting new developments, from the debut of a new luxury "glamping" resort to expanded skiable terrain. A roundup of what's new for Colorado visitors for the 2012/13 winter season and beyond is below. Click here to view the full press release.
NEW AND UPDATED LODGING
- Cresto Ranch, an intimate "glamping" resort, will make its debut in Colorado's San Juan Mountains in summer 2013. Located in the pristine West Fork Valley, Cresto Ranch will have eight luxury canvas safari-style tents. The well-appointed interiors will include heated wood floors, hot stoves, stylish bathrooms, and more.
- Outlook Lodge, which opened November 1, 2012, is a handsome, six-room retreat, located in the tiny mountain town of Green Mountain Falls near Colorado Springs, Colorado. Originally constructed in 1889, the Outlook Lodge has been re-imagined as a private, individualized escape.
- Hotel Jerome will reopen its doors in December 2012 following a multi-million-dollar renovation. All 94 rooms have been completely redesigned to showcase the hotel's grandeur with nods to the building's history. A new Auberge Spa and a movement room for yoga are also part of the enhancements.
- The new Broome Hut on Berthoud Pass is set to open January 1, 2013, as the first of at least five backcountry huts that will connect to Grand Lake. The 1,800-square-foot, 16-bunk Broome Hut will play host to day-use and overnight hikers, cross-country skiers and students.
- Estes Park's lakeside Aspen Lodge will debut a new luxury spa in 2013 to complement recent renovations to 12 restored and remodeled mountain resort cabins.
- Six Colorado dude ranches have been named "Equitrekking Top 20 Ranches," including Drowsy Water Ranch, Home Ranch, C Lazy U Ranch, Wilderness Trails Ranch, Tarryall River Ranch and Black Mountain Ranch.
- The Chipeta Solar Springs Resort celebrates its 20th anniversary by introducing its brand new solar heated outdoor pools and soaking tubs. The Chipeta's 30,000-gallon swimming pool and its new 20-person soaking pool are the first pools in Southwest Colorado to have 100 percent solar heating capability.
ATTRACTIONS, ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
- Telluride's BootDoctors offers Big Tire Bike Tours on Salsa Mukluk fatbikes this winter season. This adventure can be tailored to various riding abilities. A stop at the Telluride Brewing Company for an apres bike libation can be included as part of the 1/2 day Big Tire Bike and Brew Tour.
- Estes Park debuted an outdoor ice skating rink in the heart of the downtown village on Thanksgiving. Skate rentals and skating admission cost $2 each.
- Snow Mountain Ranch introduces dog sledding excursions this winter season. Rides will be offered Tuesday afternoons, Thursday mornings and Saturday mornings at $15 per person or two people on a sled for $25.
- The $13.5 million Cheyenne Mountain Zoo's Encounter Africa exhibit has been in the works for three years and will be complete in the summer of 2013. Highlights include a new plaza area as well as an amphitheater. There will also be new exhibits for the critically endangered black rhinoceros and the African lion pride.
- The History Colorado Center's new "Denver A to Z: Adrenaline to Zombies and (almost) Everything In Between," exhibit helps visitors discover the heart, the art, the whimsy and the energy of Denver's people, places and spirit.
- The American Numismatic Association debuts the "Kids Zone," an interactive exhibit designed to teach children about money.
- Nearly 10 years in the making, Becoming Van Gogh is an in-depth exploration of Vincent van Gogh's unconventional path to becoming one of the world's most recognizable artists. Oct. 21, 2012 – Jan. 20, 2013 at the Denver Art Museum.
- United Airlines will offer daily nonstop service between Denver International Airport and Tokyo Narita International Airport. Starting March 31, 2013, United will operate the service to Japan with state-of-the-art Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.
- Telluride will once again be the sole U.S. host for FIS World Cup Snowboardcross (December 14-15) and for the first time in history, will be adding FIS World Cup Skiercross (December 13) to create a combined event.
- Multiple ski resorts are celebrating milestone anniversaries this winter season. Colorado Ski Country USA, Vail Mountain, Eldora Mountain Resort, Steamboat Ski Resort and Breckenridge's Ullr Fest turn 50. Loveland Ski Area celebrates its 75th anniversary, and Steamboat's Winter Carnival will honor its 100th year.
- Kids 12 and under ski free at Keystone Resort every day of the 2012/13 winter season without any blackout dates. Families must stay two or more nights in select Keystone properties.
- Winter Park Resort offers a "Snow Guarantee" this season for visitors' peace of mind. Book a trip to Winter Park for departure through Dec. 20, 2012. If the snow is not up to the visitor's standards, the Winter Park trip can be rescheduled for later this season.
- For the first time, Breckenridge Resort will offer First Tracks Packages to the general public. Valid with a three-night stay at select Breckenridge properties Dec. 16-20, 2013. The first 250 people to book will have access to the mountain a full hour before it is open to the public.
- The Grand County Colorado Tourism Board offers visitors a new mobile app. The free app, which is available for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices, puts vacation-planning information at the fingertips of visitors and locals alike.
- Skiable terrain in Colorado expands by 247 acres this season, with 17 additional acres new to skiers and riders at Beaver Creek, and 230 acres of new terrain on Snowmass's Burnt Mountain. Breckenridge's 543-acre expansion will be accessible by the 2013/14 ski season.
- Vail Resorts reveals the third generation of EpicMix this winter season, EpicMix Racing. Guests can see how they stack up against world champion ski racer Lindsey Vonn, and then share the results with their friends and family.
- Infinite Monkey Theorem, an urban winery, recently debuted a stylish new winery and taproom located in Denver's up-and-coming River North (RiNo) neighborhood.
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa and the culinary team from 8100 Mountainside Bar & Grill are launching weekly, complimentary, teen focused cooking classes inspiring teens to trade texting for chopping.
- Local Table Tours will offer holiday cocktail walking tours in December in both Boulder and Denver that offer participants an in-depth look at some of the cities' top-rated bars.
- Kids can get in on the foodie fun with the new poolside Sugar Shack at Four Seasons Resort Vail, a teen après program, and in-room cotton candy makers and popcorn poppers.
- Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa is taking its commitment to environmental sustainability to the next level with the debut of the first ever ranch resort and restaurant in the nation to raise its own 100 percent purebred Wagyu cattle.
- The Source, an indoor European market, will be unveiled in the summer of 2013 in a 26,000-square-foot building in Denver's RiNo neighborhood. Local cheese, bread, coffee, beer and more, including Caprock's newest bar and tasting room, will be housed in a 1880s ironworks building.
- The Little Nell's Montagna Restaurant reopened as Element 47 – silver on the periodic table – on Thanksgiving Day with a new contemporary design, concept and menu. The name references Aspen's rich history as a former silver mining town.
- The new LEED-certified Elk Camp Restaurant, located on Snowmass Ski Area, will replace Café Suzanne and is located adjacent to the top of the Elk Camp Gondola. The $15 million dollar project features a restaurant with seating for up to 300 guests and event space.
- St. Regis Aspen Resort has partnered with FOOD & WINE Magazine to debut Chefs Club, an innovative new restaurant concept that opened in June 2012. Chefs Club will select a bi-annually rotating group of FOOD & WINE's Best New Chefs to curate a unique menu of seasonally inspired, American Regional cuisine for The St. Regis Aspen Resort.
Media Contact: Carly Holbrook / 720-289-9366, [email protected]
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 349
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 334
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,421
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 138
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,076
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,173
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,296
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,203
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,775
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,049
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,044
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 333
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,910
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,585
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 404
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,972
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 486
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,553
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,501