|By PR Newswire||
|November 30, 2012 03:58 PM EST||
DENVER, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Colorado is buzzing with new offerings and enhancements this winter. Lodging, museum, attraction, ski and food news are just some of the state's exciting new developments, from the debut of a new luxury "glamping" resort to expanded skiable terrain. A roundup of what's new for Colorado visitors for the 2012/13 winter season and beyond is below. Click here to view the full press release.
NEW AND UPDATED LODGING
- Cresto Ranch, an intimate "glamping" resort, will make its debut in Colorado's San Juan Mountains in summer 2013. Located in the pristine West Fork Valley, Cresto Ranch will have eight luxury canvas safari-style tents. The well-appointed interiors will include heated wood floors, hot stoves, stylish bathrooms, and more.
- Outlook Lodge, which opened November 1, 2012, is a handsome, six-room retreat, located in the tiny mountain town of Green Mountain Falls near Colorado Springs, Colorado. Originally constructed in 1889, the Outlook Lodge has been re-imagined as a private, individualized escape.
- Hotel Jerome will reopen its doors in December 2012 following a multi-million-dollar renovation. All 94 rooms have been completely redesigned to showcase the hotel's grandeur with nods to the building's history. A new Auberge Spa and a movement room for yoga are also part of the enhancements.
- The new Broome Hut on Berthoud Pass is set to open January 1, 2013, as the first of at least five backcountry huts that will connect to Grand Lake. The 1,800-square-foot, 16-bunk Broome Hut will play host to day-use and overnight hikers, cross-country skiers and students.
- Estes Park's lakeside Aspen Lodge will debut a new luxury spa in 2013 to complement recent renovations to 12 restored and remodeled mountain resort cabins.
- Six Colorado dude ranches have been named "Equitrekking Top 20 Ranches," including Drowsy Water Ranch, Home Ranch, C Lazy U Ranch, Wilderness Trails Ranch, Tarryall River Ranch and Black Mountain Ranch.
- The Chipeta Solar Springs Resort celebrates its 20th anniversary by introducing its brand new solar heated outdoor pools and soaking tubs. The Chipeta's 30,000-gallon swimming pool and its new 20-person soaking pool are the first pools in Southwest Colorado to have 100 percent solar heating capability.
ATTRACTIONS, ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
- Telluride's BootDoctors offers Big Tire Bike Tours on Salsa Mukluk fatbikes this winter season. This adventure can be tailored to various riding abilities. A stop at the Telluride Brewing Company for an apres bike libation can be included as part of the 1/2 day Big Tire Bike and Brew Tour.
- Estes Park debuted an outdoor ice skating rink in the heart of the downtown village on Thanksgiving. Skate rentals and skating admission cost $2 each.
- Snow Mountain Ranch introduces dog sledding excursions this winter season. Rides will be offered Tuesday afternoons, Thursday mornings and Saturday mornings at $15 per person or two people on a sled for $25.
- The $13.5 million Cheyenne Mountain Zoo's Encounter Africa exhibit has been in the works for three years and will be complete in the summer of 2013. Highlights include a new plaza area as well as an amphitheater. There will also be new exhibits for the critically endangered black rhinoceros and the African lion pride.
- The History Colorado Center's new "Denver A to Z: Adrenaline to Zombies and (almost) Everything In Between," exhibit helps visitors discover the heart, the art, the whimsy and the energy of Denver's people, places and spirit.
- The American Numismatic Association debuts the "Kids Zone," an interactive exhibit designed to teach children about money.
- Nearly 10 years in the making, Becoming Van Gogh is an in-depth exploration of Vincent van Gogh's unconventional path to becoming one of the world's most recognizable artists. Oct. 21, 2012 – Jan. 20, 2013 at the Denver Art Museum.
- United Airlines will offer daily nonstop service between Denver International Airport and Tokyo Narita International Airport. Starting March 31, 2013, United will operate the service to Japan with state-of-the-art Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.
- Telluride will once again be the sole U.S. host for FIS World Cup Snowboardcross (December 14-15) and for the first time in history, will be adding FIS World Cup Skiercross (December 13) to create a combined event.
- Multiple ski resorts are celebrating milestone anniversaries this winter season. Colorado Ski Country USA, Vail Mountain, Eldora Mountain Resort, Steamboat Ski Resort and Breckenridge's Ullr Fest turn 50. Loveland Ski Area celebrates its 75th anniversary, and Steamboat's Winter Carnival will honor its 100th year.
- Kids 12 and under ski free at Keystone Resort every day of the 2012/13 winter season without any blackout dates. Families must stay two or more nights in select Keystone properties.
- Winter Park Resort offers a "Snow Guarantee" this season for visitors' peace of mind. Book a trip to Winter Park for departure through Dec. 20, 2012. If the snow is not up to the visitor's standards, the Winter Park trip can be rescheduled for later this season.
- For the first time, Breckenridge Resort will offer First Tracks Packages to the general public. Valid with a three-night stay at select Breckenridge properties Dec. 16-20, 2013. The first 250 people to book will have access to the mountain a full hour before it is open to the public.
- The Grand County Colorado Tourism Board offers visitors a new mobile app. The free app, which is available for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices, puts vacation-planning information at the fingertips of visitors and locals alike.
- Skiable terrain in Colorado expands by 247 acres this season, with 17 additional acres new to skiers and riders at Beaver Creek, and 230 acres of new terrain on Snowmass's Burnt Mountain. Breckenridge's 543-acre expansion will be accessible by the 2013/14 ski season.
- Vail Resorts reveals the third generation of EpicMix this winter season, EpicMix Racing. Guests can see how they stack up against world champion ski racer Lindsey Vonn, and then share the results with their friends and family.
- Infinite Monkey Theorem, an urban winery, recently debuted a stylish new winery and taproom located in Denver's up-and-coming River North (RiNo) neighborhood.
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa and the culinary team from 8100 Mountainside Bar & Grill are launching weekly, complimentary, teen focused cooking classes inspiring teens to trade texting for chopping.
- Local Table Tours will offer holiday cocktail walking tours in December in both Boulder and Denver that offer participants an in-depth look at some of the cities' top-rated bars.
- Kids can get in on the foodie fun with the new poolside Sugar Shack at Four Seasons Resort Vail, a teen après program, and in-room cotton candy makers and popcorn poppers.
- Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa is taking its commitment to environmental sustainability to the next level with the debut of the first ever ranch resort and restaurant in the nation to raise its own 100 percent purebred Wagyu cattle.
- The Source, an indoor European market, will be unveiled in the summer of 2013 in a 26,000-square-foot building in Denver's RiNo neighborhood. Local cheese, bread, coffee, beer and more, including Caprock's newest bar and tasting room, will be housed in a 1880s ironworks building.
- The Little Nell's Montagna Restaurant reopened as Element 47 – silver on the periodic table – on Thanksgiving Day with a new contemporary design, concept and menu. The name references Aspen's rich history as a former silver mining town.
- The new LEED-certified Elk Camp Restaurant, located on Snowmass Ski Area, will replace Café Suzanne and is located adjacent to the top of the Elk Camp Gondola. The $15 million dollar project features a restaurant with seating for up to 300 guests and event space.
- St. Regis Aspen Resort has partnered with FOOD & WINE Magazine to debut Chefs Club, an innovative new restaurant concept that opened in June 2012. Chefs Club will select a bi-annually rotating group of FOOD & WINE's Best New Chefs to curate a unique menu of seasonally inspired, American Regional cuisine for The St. Regis Aspen Resort.
Media Contact: Carly Holbrook / 720-289-9366, [email protected]
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Dec. 21, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,384
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 21, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,010
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,426
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Dec. 21, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,162
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Dec. 21, 2014 08:30 AM EST Reads: 2,294
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Dec. 21, 2014 06:15 AM EST Reads: 2,134
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 20, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,385
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 20, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,396
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 1,257
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,385
Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, at more than US$500 billion, and ranks 23rd in the world. A recent re-evaluation of Nigeria's true economic size doubled the previous estimate, and brought it well ahead of South Africa, which is a member (unlike Nigeria) of the G20 club for political as well as economic reasons. Nigeria's economy can be said to be quite diverse from one point of view, but heavily dependent on oil and gas at the same time. Oil and natural gas account for about 15% of Nigera's overall economy, but traditionally represent more than 90% of the country's exports and as...
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 939
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,430
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,471
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,459
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,406
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,570
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,418
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your organization should be taking to position itself for the next platform of digital competition.
Dec. 15, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,754
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 6,928
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,991