|By PR Newswire||
|November 30, 2012 03:58 PM EST||
DENVER, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Colorado is buzzing with new offerings and enhancements this winter. Lodging, museum, attraction, ski and food news are just some of the state's exciting new developments, from the debut of a new luxury "glamping" resort to expanded skiable terrain. A roundup of what's new for Colorado visitors for the 2012/13 winter season and beyond is below. Click here to view the full press release.
NEW AND UPDATED LODGING
- Cresto Ranch, an intimate "glamping" resort, will make its debut in Colorado's San Juan Mountains in summer 2013. Located in the pristine West Fork Valley, Cresto Ranch will have eight luxury canvas safari-style tents. The well-appointed interiors will include heated wood floors, hot stoves, stylish bathrooms, and more.
- Outlook Lodge, which opened November 1, 2012, is a handsome, six-room retreat, located in the tiny mountain town of Green Mountain Falls near Colorado Springs, Colorado. Originally constructed in 1889, the Outlook Lodge has been re-imagined as a private, individualized escape.
- Hotel Jerome will reopen its doors in December 2012 following a multi-million-dollar renovation. All 94 rooms have been completely redesigned to showcase the hotel's grandeur with nods to the building's history. A new Auberge Spa and a movement room for yoga are also part of the enhancements.
- The new Broome Hut on Berthoud Pass is set to open January 1, 2013, as the first of at least five backcountry huts that will connect to Grand Lake. The 1,800-square-foot, 16-bunk Broome Hut will play host to day-use and overnight hikers, cross-country skiers and students.
- Estes Park's lakeside Aspen Lodge will debut a new luxury spa in 2013 to complement recent renovations to 12 restored and remodeled mountain resort cabins.
- Six Colorado dude ranches have been named "Equitrekking Top 20 Ranches," including Drowsy Water Ranch, Home Ranch, C Lazy U Ranch, Wilderness Trails Ranch, Tarryall River Ranch and Black Mountain Ranch.
- The Chipeta Solar Springs Resort celebrates its 20th anniversary by introducing its brand new solar heated outdoor pools and soaking tubs. The Chipeta's 30,000-gallon swimming pool and its new 20-person soaking pool are the first pools in Southwest Colorado to have 100 percent solar heating capability.
ATTRACTIONS, ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
- Telluride's BootDoctors offers Big Tire Bike Tours on Salsa Mukluk fatbikes this winter season. This adventure can be tailored to various riding abilities. A stop at the Telluride Brewing Company for an apres bike libation can be included as part of the 1/2 day Big Tire Bike and Brew Tour.
- Estes Park debuted an outdoor ice skating rink in the heart of the downtown village on Thanksgiving. Skate rentals and skating admission cost $2 each.
- Snow Mountain Ranch introduces dog sledding excursions this winter season. Rides will be offered Tuesday afternoons, Thursday mornings and Saturday mornings at $15 per person or two people on a sled for $25.
- The $13.5 million Cheyenne Mountain Zoo's Encounter Africa exhibit has been in the works for three years and will be complete in the summer of 2013. Highlights include a new plaza area as well as an amphitheater. There will also be new exhibits for the critically endangered black rhinoceros and the African lion pride.
- The History Colorado Center's new "Denver A to Z: Adrenaline to Zombies and (almost) Everything In Between," exhibit helps visitors discover the heart, the art, the whimsy and the energy of Denver's people, places and spirit.
- The American Numismatic Association debuts the "Kids Zone," an interactive exhibit designed to teach children about money.
- Nearly 10 years in the making, Becoming Van Gogh is an in-depth exploration of Vincent van Gogh's unconventional path to becoming one of the world's most recognizable artists. Oct. 21, 2012 – Jan. 20, 2013 at the Denver Art Museum.
- United Airlines will offer daily nonstop service between Denver International Airport and Tokyo Narita International Airport. Starting March 31, 2013, United will operate the service to Japan with state-of-the-art Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.
- Telluride will once again be the sole U.S. host for FIS World Cup Snowboardcross (December 14-15) and for the first time in history, will be adding FIS World Cup Skiercross (December 13) to create a combined event.
- Multiple ski resorts are celebrating milestone anniversaries this winter season. Colorado Ski Country USA, Vail Mountain, Eldora Mountain Resort, Steamboat Ski Resort and Breckenridge's Ullr Fest turn 50. Loveland Ski Area celebrates its 75th anniversary, and Steamboat's Winter Carnival will honor its 100th year.
- Kids 12 and under ski free at Keystone Resort every day of the 2012/13 winter season without any blackout dates. Families must stay two or more nights in select Keystone properties.
- Winter Park Resort offers a "Snow Guarantee" this season for visitors' peace of mind. Book a trip to Winter Park for departure through Dec. 20, 2012. If the snow is not up to the visitor's standards, the Winter Park trip can be rescheduled for later this season.
- For the first time, Breckenridge Resort will offer First Tracks Packages to the general public. Valid with a three-night stay at select Breckenridge properties Dec. 16-20, 2013. The first 250 people to book will have access to the mountain a full hour before it is open to the public.
- The Grand County Colorado Tourism Board offers visitors a new mobile app. The free app, which is available for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices, puts vacation-planning information at the fingertips of visitors and locals alike.
- Skiable terrain in Colorado expands by 247 acres this season, with 17 additional acres new to skiers and riders at Beaver Creek, and 230 acres of new terrain on Snowmass's Burnt Mountain. Breckenridge's 543-acre expansion will be accessible by the 2013/14 ski season.
- Vail Resorts reveals the third generation of EpicMix this winter season, EpicMix Racing. Guests can see how they stack up against world champion ski racer Lindsey Vonn, and then share the results with their friends and family.
- Infinite Monkey Theorem, an urban winery, recently debuted a stylish new winery and taproom located in Denver's up-and-coming River North (RiNo) neighborhood.
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa and the culinary team from 8100 Mountainside Bar & Grill are launching weekly, complimentary, teen focused cooking classes inspiring teens to trade texting for chopping.
- Local Table Tours will offer holiday cocktail walking tours in December in both Boulder and Denver that offer participants an in-depth look at some of the cities' top-rated bars.
- Kids can get in on the foodie fun with the new poolside Sugar Shack at Four Seasons Resort Vail, a teen après program, and in-room cotton candy makers and popcorn poppers.
- Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa is taking its commitment to environmental sustainability to the next level with the debut of the first ever ranch resort and restaurant in the nation to raise its own 100 percent purebred Wagyu cattle.
- The Source, an indoor European market, will be unveiled in the summer of 2013 in a 26,000-square-foot building in Denver's RiNo neighborhood. Local cheese, bread, coffee, beer and more, including Caprock's newest bar and tasting room, will be housed in a 1880s ironworks building.
- The Little Nell's Montagna Restaurant reopened as Element 47 – silver on the periodic table – on Thanksgiving Day with a new contemporary design, concept and menu. The name references Aspen's rich history as a former silver mining town.
- The new LEED-certified Elk Camp Restaurant, located on Snowmass Ski Area, will replace Café Suzanne and is located adjacent to the top of the Elk Camp Gondola. The $15 million dollar project features a restaurant with seating for up to 300 guests and event space.
- St. Regis Aspen Resort has partnered with FOOD & WINE Magazine to debut Chefs Club, an innovative new restaurant concept that opened in June 2012. Chefs Club will select a bi-annually rotating group of FOOD & WINE's Best New Chefs to curate a unique menu of seasonally inspired, American Regional cuisine for The St. Regis Aspen Resort.
Media Contact: Carly Holbrook / 720-289-9366, [email protected]
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office
The WebRTC Meetup, where WebRTC enthusiasts exchange ideas, is being held on Wednesday, June 10, from 7 pm – 9 pm at the 4th WebRTC Summit, June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The WebRTC Meetup is being hosted by the New York WebRTC Developer Group. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 4th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, ...
Jun. 3, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,071
We’re entering a new era of computing technology that many are calling the Internet of Things (IoT). Machine to machine, machine to infrastructure, machine to environment, the Internet of Everything, the Internet of Intelligent Things, intelligent systems – call it what you want, but it’s happening, and its potential is huge. IoT is comprised of smart machines interacting and communicating with other machines, objects, environments and infrastructures. As a result, huge volumes of data are being generated, and that data is being processed into useful actions that can “command and control” thi...
Jun. 3, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,093
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, will investigate three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jun. 3, 2015 04:19 PM EDT Reads: 538
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "First Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. The “Second Containers & Microservices Conference” will take place November 3-5, 2015, at Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Jun. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,238
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jun. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,826
Thanks to widespread Internet adoption and more than 10 billion connected devices around the world, companies became more excited than ever about the Internet of Things in 2014. Add in the hype around Google Glass and the Nest Thermostat, and nearly every business, including those from traditionally low-tech industries, wanted in. But despite the buzz, some very real business questions emerged – mainly, not if a device can be connected, or even when, but why? Why does connecting to the cloud create greater value for the user? Why do connected features improve the overall experience? And why do...
Jun. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,037
SYS-CON Events announced today that MediaTek Labs will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MediaTek Labs is a global ecosystem initiative supporting Wearables and Internet of Things device creation, application development, and services based around MediaTek chipset offerings. Developers can use the MediaTek LinkIt™ ONE development platform and the LinkIt ONE HDK to easily access the features and functions of the MediaTek MT2502 System on a Chip (SoC), with the goal of creating the next generation of MediaTek p...
Jun. 3, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,397
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 3, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,200
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In this session, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, will describe how to revolutionize your architecture and...
Jun. 3, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,063
Aria Systems, which helps enterprises grow recurring revenue, today announced that its co-founder and inventor of cloud billing Brendan O'Brien, will be a featured speaker at the Cloud Expo, June 9-11 at The Javits Center in New York. Aria also will be demonstrating its Active Monetization platform in Booth #424 on the Expo Floor. O'Brien will lead the following sessions: June 9 - 11:00 am - 11:35 am, Room 1A16 with participants from Constant Contact, MGI Research and ATG Enabling Complex Recurring Revenue Strategies – With IoT exploding, massive data will transform businesses with oppor...
Jun. 3, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 842
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it!
Jun. 3, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,072
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, will analyze how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Pay...
Jun. 3, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,699
The basic integration architecture, as defined by ESBs, hasn’t changed for more than a decade. Most cloud integration providers still rely on an ESB architecture and their proprietary connectors. As a result, enterprise integration projects suffer from constraints of availability and reliability of these connectors that are not re-usable across other integration vendors. However, the rapid adoption of APIs and almost ubiquitous availability of APIs amongst most SaaS and Cloud applications are rapidly redefining traditional integration approaches and their reliance on proprietary connectors. ...
Jun. 3, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,502
SYS-CON Events announced today that O'Reilly Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participa...
Jun. 3, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,143
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Jun. 3, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 5,369
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Jun. 3, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,211
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. BMC has worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC pairs high-speed digital innovation with robust IT industrialization – allowing customers to provide amazing user experiences with optimized IT per...
Jun. 3, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,638
Imagine a world where targeting, attribution, and analytics are just as intrinsic to the physical world as they currently are to display advertising. Advances in technologies and changes in consumer behavior have opened the door to a whole new category of personalized marketing experience based on direct interactions with products. The products themselves now have a voice. What will they say? Who will control it? And what does it take for brands to win in this new world? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zack Bennett, Vice President of Customer Success at EVRYTHNG, will answer these questions a...
Jun. 3, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,744
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
Jun. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,291
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
Jun. 3, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,874