|By Business Wire||
|December 3, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
Cegedim Relationship Management today announced the release of its thought leadership report, 2012 US Pharma Insights, which provides the results of its third annual survey of life sciences decision makers on current challenges, upcoming business developments, preferred strategies and next generation technology. Leveraging analysis from three years of responses, the report delivers a holistic view of present and future trends.
The Shape of Change in Decision Making, Industry Concerns and the Future
Sustained industry concerns, evolved decision making leadership and new future strategies top 2012’s trends. Aligning with previous years’ responses, 74% of respondents ranked the changing commercial business model as their first, second or third priority of concern; followed by regulatory reform (62%) and market access (53%). Additionally, decision making leadership now sources from executive management for most technology decisions (46%); and strategy/business development for main business model/process changes (55%). Further, respondents clearly defined the following prioritized changes for the near future: increased focus on market access strategies (64%), primary sales force realignment (38%) and increased focus on managed markets (35%).
Boosts in Field Centric Tablet Usage, Preference for Apple® Mobile OS and Noteworthy Social Media Gains
Surveyed executives cite continued focus on field centric tablet usage, their preferred mobile OS and social media. Eight out of ten (80%) currently use or will be using tablets, and unsurprisingly, field sales/account management (61%) account for the most active tablet users. Further, exactly half selected Apple OS as their favorite mobile platform. In terms of social media trending, the report underscores significant increases in usage between 2011 and 2012. LinkedIn (96%) and Facebook (70%) represent respondents’ leading channels with marketing (64%), PR (42%) and sales (38%) make up the most active departments. Lastly, despite minor social media budgets, those surveyed exhibited notable gains according to the report.
“The 2012 US report details exactly how and where our current industry climate is impacting strategy and operations. Respondents report strong focus on business model changes, as well as next generation and mobile technologies,” said Angela Miccoli, President of North America, Cegedim Relationship Management. “In order to further our standing as the leader in pharma CRM, data and compliance solutions, we strive to consistently monitor the pulse of the industry, and empower our customers with our proven insights and expertise.”
Cegedim Relationship Management, the global leader in Customer Relationship Management, Healthcare Data, Regulatory Compliance and Marketing Solutions for the Life Sciences industry, conducted the thought leadership survey in during the second half of 2012. Please click here to access the complete report.
Apple is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
|About Cegedim Relationship Management:||
Cegedim Relationship Management is the Life Sciences industry’s leading provider of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions. Designed specifically for Life Sciences, the company’s innovative business solutions incorporate a thorough understanding of local, regional and worldwide trends. Cegedim Relationship Management enables more than 200,000 users in many of the world’s most innovative companies to stay ahead of market challenges. In addition to CRM, Cegedim Relationship Management also provides marketing, data optimization and regulatory compliance solutions in more than 80 countries. Cegedim Relationship Management is part of the France-based Cegedim S.A. Group.
To learn more, please visit: www.cegedim.com/rm.
Founded in 1969, Cegedim is a global technology and services company specializing in the healthcare field. Cegedim supplies services, technological tools, specialized software, data flow management services and databases. Its offerings are targeted notably at healthcare industries, life sciences companies, healthcare professionals and insurance companies. The world leader in life sciences CRM, Cegedim is also one of the leading suppliers of strategic healthcare industry data. Cegedim employs 8,200 people in more than 80 countries and generated revenue of €911 million in 2011. Cegedim SA is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: CGM).
To learn more, please visit: www.cegedim.com.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- 2013 CEA Industry Forum to Feature Holiday Sales Trends and Five Techs to Watch, High-Level Keynoters and CE Hall of Fame Dinner
- The Death of the Office
- 3CX To Leverage WebRTC
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- How Good APM and Capacity Planning Can Help Global Carriers
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up