|By PR Newswire||
|December 6, 2012 06:18 AM EST||
OVIEDO, Spain, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Most people don't have the time or budget to travel around the world and visit countries where they could learn a language from a native speaker. Now anyone can. Linguo Land is a multi-player online language learning game that takes language learning out of a stuffy classroom. Players who want to speak another language are connected with native-speaking new friends anywhere in the world. The native speakers will help the beginners, or those who want to enhance skills they've already acquired, learn a language or improve on one they are already speaking.
This fascinating language learning game is the newest creation of game-writing visionary Deborah Thomas and the development team at Virtway.com.
Players will travel around the virtual world of Linguo Land using VOIP on mobile, tablets and PC and MAC browsers. In their travels, they'll make fantastic new friends through a variety of games, at parties, in the world's great cities, in enchanting towns and villages and they'll do all these things using some really cool avatars.
"We have invested many programming hours and design hours (years, really!) in creating our technology platform," Virtway's leader said. "It's 80 percent complete, and we think it is the best in the world because it is the first virtual world working on smartphones and tablets, it is flexible and technically robust, allowing us to virtually modernize language learning using a social platform."
To fund and complete the next phase of the project the team is launching a Kickstarter campaign.
People who make a pledge to the project on Thomas's kickstarter page (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/689446011/linguo-land-practice-an ... et-new-peo) will have a great advantage over other visitors to Linguo Land when the team launch their virtual new world. By helping fund the project in the final development phase, they will earn some really cool prizes when Linguo Land goes live - things like free access, personalized avatar creations, special account badges and will even be in the Linguo Land Hall of Fame! They have special fantastic pledges for high schools and universities.
"We can't wait to meet and talk with a whole new world of language learners in Linguo Land!" Thomas said. "We'll see you there as soon as the project is fully funded!"
For more information, contact Thomas or Jose Antonio at:
Twitter: @LinguoLand - https://twitter.com/Linguoland
This press release was issued through 24-7PressRelease.com. For further information, visit http://www.24-7pressrelease.com.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- 2013 CEA Industry Forum to Feature Holiday Sales Trends and Five Techs to Watch, High-Level Keynoters and CE Hall of Fame Dinner
- The Death of the Office
- 3CX To Leverage WebRTC
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- TokBox Launches WebRTC Support
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up