|By PR Newswire||
|December 13, 2012 03:39 PM EST||
MONTREAL, Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - How do snowflakes, these complex and fragile structures form? Snow: SciMag 2, a new science magazine for kids on iPad, answers this question and dozens more asked by young and old alike.
This wintry edition of SciMag follows the adventures of a snowflake, with pages of magnificently illustrated interactive content designed especially for curious kids. If the weather outside is frightful, then it's time to sit back with a hot chocolate and SciMag to experience a host of smart activities about the fluffy white stuff.
In this issue, kids will discover:
Magnificent photographs of real snowflakes they can examine up close
• Videos, animations and mini games for dynamic learning
• A surprising science experiment
• A fun quiz-game
• An activity to do with the family
• A text enriched with audio narration and definitions
"Children are curious by nature, and I'm convinced that any child can develop a passion for science. This issue of SciMag uses two techniques to awaken their interest: a topic that relates to their daily lives, and an original and entertaining format that, unlike printed magazines, allows them to take an active part in discovery," explains Myriam Verzat, who designed the app for CREO Studios.
Snow: SciMag 2 is available now in English and French in the education section of the App Store at the special price of $1.99 for a limited time. A great gift idea for the holidays!
CREO (www.creo.ca) has produced and distributed multi-platform and innovative science adaptation tools for 10 years. Its educational platform GAME FOR SCIENCE (www.gameforscience.com), winner of a 2010 NUMIX award and an International Serious Play Award, attracts 35,000 visits a month from young people aged 8 to 17 from Canada, France and 127 other countries. Players create their own avatars, explore an engaging virtual world, discover scientific professions, and play games related to their school curriculum.
This application was produced thanks to funding from the Canada Media Fund. The app can be found here : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/snow-scimag-2/id582651371?mt=8&uo=4. A demo of the app is available here : http://youtu.be/AVmP9zVXqGI.
SOURCE CREO Inc.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- 2013 CEA Industry Forum to Feature Holiday Sales Trends and Five Techs to Watch, High-Level Keynoters and CE Hall of Fame Dinner
- The Death of the Office
- 3CX To Leverage WebRTC
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- TokBox Launches WebRTC Support
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up