|By Marketwired .||
|December 14, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/14/12 -- SportStream, the social sports experience that delivers fans the first true second-screen for watching their favorite games, announced today it has teamed up with NBA star Stephen Curry to talk trash with fans and follow along with all the game time action as the San Francisco 49ers take on the New England Patriots on Sunday Night Football.
"SportStream has built an incredible experience around watching my favorite teams and a great opportunity to connect with other fans around all the action," said Stephen Curry. "I'm looking forward to checking into the app, rooting for the 49ers and talking trash with fans as Kaepernick lights up the Patriots defense on Sunday Night Football."
EVENT: NBA star Stephen Curry, starting guard for the Golden State Warriors, will be checking into SportStream and following all the game time action as the San Francisco 49ers head east to battle the New England Patriots in a possible Super Bowl preview.
Fans following the game within SportStream will get access to real-time stats, injury reports and play-by-play, plus the best social content from their friends, fans, teams, athletes and media personalities on Twitter and Facebook -- plus the chance to chat with Stephen Curry.
WHEN: Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 8:20 pm ET
WHERE: Check into the action with Stephen Curry here: sportstre.am/stephencurry
"We strive to deliver fans a one-of-a-kind social experience for watching sports, and teaming up with Stephen is a natural fit," said Bob Morgan, CEO, SportStream. "Having a Bay Area NBA star check into the app in support of his local NFL team delivers the kind of authentic and engaging second-screen experience we want every fan to experience."
Mobile devices like iPads and iPhones have changed the way we watch sports. Fans are on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram, sharing and consuming content while watching sports like never before. Eighty-three percent of sports fans say they check sports-related social media sites while watching a game on television, proving sporting events continue to lead the charge as it relates to social engagement and the second-screen. Plus, 63 percent of fans say they check these sites while sitting at the game live. SportStream continues to help users cut through the noise by identifying the best and most relevant content around a particular game.
SportStream is available in the App Store for iPhone and iPad. Download it at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sportstream/id556180235?mt=8 or access the web application from Firefox, Chrome and Safari at http://sportstre.am/web. Future platforms will be made available soon.
SportStream is the in-game fan experience that sports fans have been waiting for. It is the first true second-screen experience for watching sports, with real-time stats, social media streams, chats and access to relevant content surfaced through social media. SportStream is backed by Vulcan Capital and based in San Francisco, California and is currently available for the iPad, iPhone and native web app.
Nick Shepherd or Peter Sadler
SportStream (at) launchsquad (dot) com
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- 2013 CEA Industry Forum to Feature Holiday Sales Trends and Five Techs to Watch, High-Level Keynoters and CE Hall of Fame Dinner
- The Death of the Office
- 3CX To Leverage WebRTC
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- TokBox Launches WebRTC Support
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up