|By PR Newswire||
|December 24, 2012 09:48 AM EST||
CHICAGO, Dec. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Zacks.com announces the list of stocks featured in the Analyst Blog. Every day the Zacks Equity Research analysts discuss the latest news and events impacting stocks and the financial markets. Stocks recently featured in the blog include Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq:AMZN), Netflix Inc (Nasdaq:NFLX), Apple Inc. (Nasdaq:AAPL), eBay Inc. (Nasdaq:EBAY) and Google (Nasdaq:GOOG).
Get the most recent insight from Zacks Equity Research with the free Profit from the Pros newsletter: http://at.zacks.com/?id=5513
Here are highlights from Friday's Analyst Blog:
Amazon Studios to Produce Comedies
Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq:AMZN) announced that its film production division, Amazon Studios plans to produce pilots for six original comedy series, including shows from the Onion Doonesbury and Daily Show written by David Javerbaum.
These include Alpha House, a series featuring four senators who live together in a rented house in Washington DC; Browsers, a musical comedy show; Dark Minions, an animated series about two slackers; The Onion Presents: The News, Supanatural, and a comedy about three juveniles, Those Who Can't.
Management stated that the pilots will be available on the Amazon Instant Video streaming service where viewers can watch them free of cost. Amazon Studios will take a call on which shows to produce going forward depending on viewer feedback.
Amazon Instant Video is a digital video streaming and download service that lets users rent, buy or subscribe to a range of video content. These pilots will further extend the archive of comedy shows on Amazon's video streaming library, making it a significant force in the video streaming segment and increasing competition for Netflix Inc (Nasdaq:NFLX) and Apple Inc. (Nasdaq:AAPL).
The completed pilots will be exclusively available to Prime members through Prime Instant Video and Lovefilm in the U.K, for no additional cost. Lovefilm is Amazon's European DVD and streaming movie service, which has almost 2 million subscribers.
We believe that the availability of these shows will bring in more viewers for Amazon Prime and drive sales of Amazon's digital content. In fact, many technology companies are getting into content production, including Hulu and Netflix, in order to reduce their reliance on traditional media companies. Amazon has been working on this for a while now but these shows are the first to go into production. We believe these efforts will bring in millions of dollars and help the company to increase its market share.
Amazon is one of the leading players in an extremely fast-growing market. In the third quarter, Amazon's revenue of $13.81 billion was better than the guidance and in line with consensus expectations. Management attributed the increase in revenue to the growing consumption of digital content across different categories owing to the advantageous value proposition Amazon was able to provide to its customers.
Amazon currently retains a Zacks #3 Rank (Hold). Amazon's competitors (whether direct or indirect) are eBay Inc. (Nasdaq:EBAY), which retains a Zacks #2 Rank (Buy) and Google (Nasdaq:GOOG), which carries a Zacks #3 Rank (Hold).
Want more from Zacks Equity Research? Subscribe to the free Profit from the Pros newsletter: http://at.zacks.com/?id=5515.
About Zacks Equity Research
Zacks Equity Research provides the best of quantitative and qualitative analysis to help investors know what stocks to buy and which to sell for the long-term.
Continuous coverage is provided for a universe of 1,150 publicly traded stocks. Our analysts are organized by industry which gives them keen insights to developments that affect company profits and stock performance. Recommendations and target prices are six-month time horizons.
Zacks "Profit from the Pros" e-mail newsletter provides highlights of the latest analysis from Zacks Equity Research. Subscribe to this free newsletter today: http://at.zacks.com/?id=5517
Zacks.com is a property of Zacks Investment Research, Inc., which was formed in 1978 by Leon Zacks. As a PhD from MIT Len knew he could find patterns in stock market data that would lead to superior investment results. Amongst his many accomplishments was the formation of his proprietary stock picking system; the Zacks Rank, which continues to outperform the market by nearly a 3 to 1 margin. The best way to unlock the profitable stock recommendations and market insights of Zacks Investment Research is through our free daily email newsletter; Profit from the Pros. In short, it's your steady flow of Profitable ideas GUARANTEED to be worth your time! Register for your free subscription to Profit from the Pros at http://at.zacks.com/?id=5518.
Visit http://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Disclaimer: Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investors should always research companies and securities before making any investments. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any security.
SOURCE Zacks Investment Research, Inc.
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- Innovative Products, Financial Results Schedule, Annual General Meeting, and Mortgage Survey Results - Research Report on Google, TripAdvisor, Akamai, Bitauto, and Bankrate
- Global Cloud Computing Services Industry
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- TokBox Launches WebRTC Support
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up