|By Marketwired .||
|January 15, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
GREENSBORO, GA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/15/13 -- Along with the majestic and romantic backdrop of Lake Oconee at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, this February travelers will find additional touches of romance to enjoy. A seasonal Georgia vacation package takes its cues from a Fire & Ice theme, activities at the ice skating rink including a special "Skating with the Stars Couples Nights" will inspire Valentine's snuggling, and indulgent spa pampering features luscious ingredients. Pet owners who love to spoil their pups, can bring their dogs to A Puppy Love cooking class. And for couples who live by the motto "those who cook together, stay together," a BBQ Butler cooking lesson is available for Cottage guests.
Glittering 5,000-Square-Foot Ice Skating Rink
Open through February 24, 2013, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. & 4 to 8 p.m.
Always a romantic pastime, ice skating is available in the Georgia luxury resort's expansive outdoor Pavilion, accompanied by hot cocoa. Skating is complimentary for resort guests; non-resort guests price per session is $30 for children 12 and under; $40 for adults (price includes skate rentals, if needed).
Fire & Ice Hotel Package: Skate to Your Heart's Content
Available through February 24, 2013
- Luxurious hotel accommodations in a resort-view guestroom
- Unlimited ice skating
- Valet parking for one vehicle per night
- S'mores turndown amenity
- $100 food and beverage credit per day
- Starting at $329 per night, exclusive of tax
To book this weekend getaway in Georgia, please call 800-826-1945.
Skating with the Stars Couples Nights: Starry, Starry Nights on the Ice
February 14, 15 and 16, 8 to 9 p.m.
For couples only, skating sessions under the stars followed by hot toddies for two.
CouplesEscape: The Perfect Way to Spend Quality Time Together at the Spa
The award-winning Georgia spa is a warm tranquil sanctuary for guests to connect with that special someone. The Spa's Couples Escape includes: Couples Massage with Soak (105 minutes); Couples Pedicure (50 minutes) and champagne for two. 3 1/2 hours of pampering for $599. Reserve at 706-467-7185.
Valentine's Spa Treatments: Chocolate, Strawberry, and Everything Nice
Offered During February; For Spa reservations and information, please call 706-467-7185.
- "Just Give Me Chocolate" Body Treatment - This Vichy shower service begins with a mimosa sugar scrub to slough away dry skin cells. Next comes an antioxidant rich chocolate mask with cocoa, coconut milk and honey to boost defenses and soften skin. The finish is an aloe and shea strawberry smash moisturizer to protect skin from winter dryness. Then guests enjoy an indulgent chocolate truffle. 80 Minutes, $215
- Chocolate Truffle Facial - After a gentle exfoliation to renew skin cells, the face is drenched with a calorie-free chocolate mousse that fights signs of aging deliciously. Cocoa is rich in antioxidants and hydrating oils leaving skin smooth. A chocolate truffle is the very sweet ending to this pampering facial. 50 Minutes, $135; 80 Minutes, $199
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Manicure and Pedicure - Guests sip a glass of champagne while hands and feet are exfoliated with a sweet cream sugar scrub. Warm steamed towels help a delicious dark chocolate mask to seal in moisture and nourish skin. A strawberry cream, rich in aloe and vitamin C, locks in moisture and leaves skin dewy soft. 50-Minute Manicure, $65; 50-Minute Pedicure, $85
February is the Time to Share Culinary Activities and Dining Experiences with Those You Love
- Cottage Stays over Valentine's Weekend Offer a Private Three-Hour BBQ Butler Class - Available Thursday, February 14 through Sunday, February 17, classes held from 6 to 9 p.m. Lake Oconee resort is famous for its BBQ Butler experiences. During Valentine's Weekend, the BBQ Butlers will give a private BBQ lesson, available for two to six people staying in a three-bedroom cottage. $75 per person. Call 706-467-7059 for reservations.
- Puppy Love Cooking Class at Georgia's Bistro - Saturday, February 16 at 2 p.m.
Of course, the family's beloved pet deserves extra treats every day of the year. This class is offered for a guest and his or her canine Valentine. Learn how to make dog biscuits and other treats. Then conclude outside by the fire pit where dog participants will be treated to pet delicacies in their own pet bowl. The luxury resort's rescue mascot, Dooley, will greet all guests. $12 per person. Call 706-467-7059 for reservations.
- A truly romantic meal in a unique setting - Chiminea Dining during February. Guests dine under the stars, lakeside, on Adirondack chairs with blankets for coziness and choose from a three-course prix menu for two. Dishes may include an Artisan Cheese Plate, Filet Mignon with Cabernet Sauce & Grilled Salmon and Shrimp with Blood Orange Butter Sauce. Couples cap off the evening with S'mores or Chocolate Covered Strawberries. A bottle of wine is also included. $125 per person; reserve at least 24 hours in advance.
- Georgia's Bistro His & Hers Valentine's Day Menu (Available Feb. 14, 15, & 16) - This delectable Four-Course Tasting Menu will be served on this special day for lovers from 5:30 to 10 p.m. It tempts with Love Bites to Share such as Truffle Chicken Salad, Citrus Poached Shrimp and Goat Cheese with spiced pecans. The Second Course: "His," Smoked Short Rib with Cheddar Grits and Shallot Sauce; "Hers," Roasted Salmon with walnut-pepper relish. The Third Course: "His," Roasted Prime Rib of Beef and "Hers," Pan Seared Scallops. The Decadent Desserts: "His," Fire Roasted Apple Cake with Pecan Brittle and "Hers," Milk Chocolate Passion Fruit Curd Tart. $70 per person for Four Courses or guests may order items on this special menu a la carte.
- Aphrodisiac Valentine's Menu Served at Gaby's by the Lake (Available Feb. 14, 15, & 16) - What would February 14 be if couples didn't share some of the foods that are historically associated with love? Offered from 5 to 10 p.m., this special menu features: Starter of Oysters On The Half Shell (known for magical romantic powers) with "Bloody Mary" Granite; Main Course of Crispy Red Fish with sweet potato Dauphinois, jumbo asparagus (a beloved wedding night aphrodisiac in France) and lemon butter or 12-Ounce Grilled New York Strip with lobster mashed potato, lavender honey glazed carrots (honey has been associated with sensuality since the beginning of time) and red wine sauce. To end this magnificent repast: Chocolate (to heighten that giddy sensation) Fondue for two with strawberries, pineapple, financier, madeleines and marshmallows. The customary menu will also be served.
- Throughout February: Georgia's Bistro "3 for $33" Chocolate-Inspired Tasting Menu - It's a wonderful creative option for dining well with a very reasonable tab. First Course choice: Strawberry Spinach Salad with feta, pecans and chocolate balsamic dressing or Roasted Parsnip & Vanilla Chocolate Soup. Entrée choice: Cocoa Crusted Filet Mignon with sea salt fries, asparagus and shallot sauce or Pan Seared Scallops with spiced chocolate risotto and vanilla cream sauce. And for dessert: Chocolate Pot de Crème. This decadent dinner even includes the sommelier's selection of wine. Georgia's Bistro hours: Dinner, 5:30 to 10 p.m. (closed Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday)
For dining reservations, please call 706-467-7135.
The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation
1 Lake Oconee Trail
Greensboro, Georgia 30642
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2201305
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Dec. 22, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 3,076
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 22, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,270
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Dec. 21, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 3,206
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 21, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,699
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 3,227
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Dec. 21, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,830
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Dec. 21, 2014 06:15 AM EST Reads: 3,371
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 20, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 2,395
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 2,145
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,456
Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, at more than US$500 billion, and ranks 23rd in the world. A recent re-evaluation of Nigeria's true economic size doubled the previous estimate, and brought it well ahead of South Africa, which is a member (unlike Nigeria) of the G20 club for political as well as economic reasons. Nigeria's economy can be said to be quite diverse from one point of view, but heavily dependent on oil and gas at the same time. Oil and natural gas account for about 15% of Nigera's overall economy, but traditionally represent more than 90% of the country's exports and as...
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,473
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 2,377
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 2,382
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 2,349
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,359
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,429
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,344
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your organization should be taking to position itself for the next platform of digital competition.
Dec. 15, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,737
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 8,292
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 3,394