|By PR Newswire||
|January 15, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
NEENAH, Wis., Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pull-Ups Brand, parents' potty training partner for nearly 25 years, is kicking off the New Year with a new high-tech tool to help the approximately 4 million moms who will start potty training this year make the process more fun and easy. The brand has launched a new and exciting app - the Pull-Ups® Big Kid App. It is a fun mobile tool that integrates imagination and reality via augmented reality technology to keep mom and child motivated throughout the potty training process. With 74 percent of Moms letting their children regularly play with their smart phone1, the Pull-Ups Big Kid App is the perfect tech-friendly tool that Moms can access and use as part of their highly mobile lives.
To provide extra motivation for Moms and tots to start potty training and share their first flush... and every flush after... successes, Pull-Ups is launching a fun consumer call-to-action. Parents can go to Facebook.com/Pull-Ups and upload an image of their tot's first flush moment for a chance to have their picture posted on a billboard in the middle of New York City's Times Square, during a larger-than-life celebration on Jan. 29. In addition, by uploading the photo, one lucky family will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to a world-famous Orlando destination.
"Moms see potty training as a pain in the neck, so they delay starting the process or they start and stop if setbacks occur," said Pete Sawin, Pull-Ups Brand Director, Kimberly-Clark. "After years of experience, we know the key to success is keeping mom and child encouraged along the way – which we're doing by asking her to get started, have fun by sharing her first flush successes, and keep going with tools like the Pull-Ups Big Kid App."
Pull-Ups has always offered tips and advice in a way that is most relevant to moms' daily life. With moms spending more than 6 hours a day on their smartphones2, uploading pictures of her tot's successes and using an app that helps with potty training fits perfectly into her routine.
Pull-Ups Big Kid App
Available now for both Android and iOS devices, the Pull-Ups Big Kid App is the perfect tool for Moms' highly mobile life – offering a wealth of content to enhance the potty training experience. Special identifying markers inside packages of Pull-Ups Training Pants can be scanned with the Pull-Ups Big Kid App to activate the interactive Pull-Ups Big Kid 3D Celebration, where Disney characters including Rapunzel and Mickey come to life. Other features include:
- Fun games featuring Disney characters that are unlocked through stars collected as the child makes potty training progress
- Calls from kids' favorite Disney characters help surprise and motivate toddlers to use the potty and keep trying
- Customizable potty timer to help parents remind their child when it's time to go take a potty breaks
The Pull-Ups Big Kid App is available as a free download via the Apple iTunes App store and Google Play for Android. To learn more, visit pull-ups.com.
How to Enter the First Flush Moments Sweepstakes
Visit Facebook.com/Pull-Ups to share your tot's first flush moment between January 14 and February 28, 2013; only entries received before January 23, 2013 will be eligible to be featured on the Times Square billboard.
- Submissions can be in the format of a photo or a story (100 words or less); simply photograph or document your celebratory first flush moment, whether it's a cheer, a smile, a hi-five – whatever celebration means to you
- Up to 100 photos will be randomly selected and displayed in Times Square on a billboard Jan. 29, 2013
- One lucky family will win the ultimate Grand Prize – a trip to a world-famous Orlando destination
- Winner to be selected on March 13, 2013.
For more information about the "First Flush Moments Sweepstakes" and Official Rules, visit Facebook.com/Pull-Ups or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/PullUpsBigKid.
1Mom Central Trend Report - March 2011; 2 "21st Century Mobile Mom Report," BabyCenter LLC, March 29, 2011
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world's population trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No.1 or No. 2 share position in more than 80 countries. To keep up with the latest K-C news and to learn more about the company's 140-year history of innovation, visit www.kimberly-clark.com.
For more information:
- Veo, the new App for iPhone, iPod Touch and Android Offers "Free Stuff" from Big Brands to Hispanic Shoppers; First of its Kind in Hispanic Category
- Enterprise Mobility Asia News Weekly – Week of March 2, 2014
- Security Solutions Discussed by Industry Leaders in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews With HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks, Nuance, StrikeForce, Xcluesiv Cloud Technology
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- MBaaS, Cloud Computing and Architectures for Enterprise Mobility - What Your Mother Never Told You
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- How to Develop Apps for Vehicles
- Eliminating Mobility Silos
- Wake Up! Your Business Has Changed!
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Book Review | iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (4th Edition)
- Enterprise Mobility Asia News Weekly – Week of March 9, 2014
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (A through L)
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- Security Solutions Discussed by Industry Leaders in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews With HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks, StrikeForce, Xcluesiv Cloud Technology, and PSA Security Network
- Mobile Malware Milestone
- How to Choose Business Software: The Top 5 Considerations
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Enterprise Mobility Asia News Weekly – Week of March 2, 2014
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?