|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 04:55 PM EST||
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 100 products—many of which are making their debut—will be highlighted as part of Macworld/iWorld's unique First Looks program that showcases some of the newest and coolest solutions for iFans, IDG World Expo announced today. Attendees also will have access to dozens of shopping deals available in exhibitor booths, empowering them to see, try and buy right on the show floor. Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event, takes place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. The event will once again serve as a launching pad for hundreds of new software, hardware, peripheral, accessory and app innovations for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad when it opens its doors. Register now!
Exhibitor Shopping Specials
Macworld/iWorld exhibitors will offer attendees exclusive opportunities to see, try and buy products at special show prices right on the show floor. More than 50 companies will offer special pricing on many of the newest products for the Apple marketplace. Participating companies include: BusyMac, Choicee, Cooper Product, Devista B.V., EuroSmartz Ltd, FiledRight, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, iKey, iPresent, Krome Case, MacMate, Nite Ize, Nuance Communications, OnTrion, Prestige International, QNAP, RHP Multimedia Corp., Seidio, ServicePal, Silo Ink, SmartMotion Technology, Square Jellyfish, Tekserve, Tru Protection and Vellum Interactive. Check out all the Shop Macworld/iWorld deals at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/expo-hall/show-specials/.
Highlights of this year's First Looks program, which makes it easy for attendees to find the very latest innovations on the show floor, are included below. Check out all the First Looks products at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/first-looks/.
- App-Promo (Appalooza, Booth #718): The company will showcase their client's PicIT 24 mobile application, a visual diary where you can follow friends, family or inspiration. Users can share a maximum of one quote and/or one image within a 24 hour period, giving followers the opportunity to finally appreciate their creative content.
- BEAMR (Appalooza, Booth #718): Beamr™ will showcase its JPEGmini™ for Mac software, which allows users to reduce the file size of photos by up to five times while maintaining their original resolution, quality and JPEG format. Optimizing photos with JPEGmini™ frees up valuable hard drive space and lets you quickly share full-resolution photos with your friends and family.
- Boinx Software Ltd (Appalooza, Booth #718): Boinx Software will feature the new iStopMotion for iPad 2. Enjoy the excitement of creating stop motion animations and time lapse recordings right from your iPad. Easily tell your story using inanimate objects such as toys or clay figures and bring them to life frame by frame. Version 2 includes new features such as audio recording, more ways to import audio files into a stop motion animation or time lapse film, and a Navigator that displays the full animation from start to finish at a glance.
- Creaceed (Appalooza, Booth #718): Creaceed will showcase the recently released Prizmo 2, the revolutionary scanning experience for the Mac that supports all the things you want to scan and all the ways you want to do it. The technology supports dozens of languages and processing for text documents, business cards and images, as well as editing and correcting functionality and iCloud support.
- Ecamm Network (Appalooza, Booth #718): Ecamm will unveil Printopia Pro, the easiest and best way to enable and manage printing from mobile devices (including iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) on your company's network. Ecamm took its award-winning Printopia software, tuned it for use on large-tiered networks, added manageability, scalability, and security features, putting users in complete control.
- Gaucho Software, LLC (Appalooza, Booth #718): Gaucho Software will showcase Windscape, a new app that shows the wind as it blows. Thousands of tiny particles materialize the flow of air around the world in real time, color-coded by temperature. Discover never-before-seen relationships, gain a global understanding of the weather and let yourself be inspired by the beauty of nature.
- GetCloak.com (Appalooza, Booth #718): Debuting at Macworld/iWorld 2013, Cloak's mission is to give you the tools you need to stay safe when you're online. Cloak's app is the easiest, most trusted way to stay safe when you're using public Wi-Fi, like the kind you find at coffee shops, airports, hotels, and conferences. Cloak automatically detects unsafe connections and secures them. Available today for iPhone, iPad and Mac.
- Jam for iPhone by DreamWalk Ltd (Appalooza, Booth #718): Australian developer DreamWalk Interactive will showcase Jam, a new song-creation app for the iPhone. Simply select a musical style and tempo, hit "record," and sing into your iPhone. Jam detects the incoming vocal pitch, musical key and song structure, then auto-tunes the vocal and produces original backing music to suit. The result is an awesome sounding, completely original song created around your vocal. Users can publish songs to the in-app Jam charts and invite their friends to listen via Facebook and Twitter. Earn badges and royalties for each published track to unlock additional style packs, grow a following of fans and even get signed to one of four Jam record labels.
- JAMF Software (MacIT P1): JAMF Software will feature its SCCM Plug-In, a framework that can be used to sync your organization's valuable hardware and software inventory data for your Apple devices into Microsoft SCCM.
- Kdan Mobile Software Ltd (Appalooza, Booth #718): Kdan Mobile Software will showcase its NoteLedge app for the iPad and iPhone, a unique tool designed to help users record every moment in their life. Features include the ability to take/import photos and easily change size and apply filter effects, record audio and video while taking notes, use stamps and templates to enrich works, capture, organize and share ideas on the go, and encrypt diaries and back them up to the cloud.
- Marketcircle, Inc. (Appalooza, Booth #718): The company will feature Daylite, an award-winning CRM and productivity manager designed to help small businesses grow. Daylite 4 was built with a completely revamped interface, new features and simplicity to improve user experience and productivity. Organize your entire business in a single application, including your contacts, schedule, tasks, business opportunities, emails and more on your Mac, iPhone and iPad.
- MOXTRA (Appalooza, Booth #718): Set to unveil later this month, the Moxtra app features customizable, virtual binders so you can view, share and collaborate with your content. Grab it, organize it in specific binders and add real-time voiceover and notes to enhance photos, stories or projects. Share binders via social media or privately with contacts, enriching the way you share life's moments.
- Rain Design, Inc (Booth #524): Rain Design will showcase its new mTower vertical laptop stand, which takes up a third of your notebook's footprint. Its solid, single piece design gives a notebook the illusion of floating for a sleek desktop setup. mTower's anodized aluminum body matches Apple notebooks and acts as a giant heat sink—with the notebook's bottom turned to the side, its entire surface also dissipates heat better.
- Reallusion, Inc (Appalooza, Booth #718): Reallusion will feature CrazyTalk7, which uses powerful auto-animation technology that allows any user—whether they're an iMovie-maker or a creative user—at any level to simply use your voice to turn images into talking videos. Or, choose from various scenario-based speaker performance modes to set a unique personality to your character's base movement.
- Recosoft Corporation (Booth #749): Recosoft will feature PDF2Office for iPad, a set of iPad apps that converts PDF files to editable Microsoft Office, iWork, OmniGraffle and other common files. PDF2Office for iPad is available in three editions: PDF2Office for iWork, PDF2Office Business and PDF2Office Lite, with each edition featuring distinct PDF conversion capabilities.
- Spicebox LLC (Booth #422): Spicebox will introduce Mauz, which transforms your smartphone into a gesture-enabled computer mouse. Simply connect the device to a smartphone and the Mauz app pops up, allowing users to control computers and media centers using motion and visual gestures. It's like connecting a computer mouse and a Wii controller to your iPhone and then adding a touch of Kinect.
- STROTTER (Booth #1049): STROTTER will present the Platforma, a convertible messenger bag for iPad that turns into a mobile desk, allowing users to work on their iPads while standing up and with both hands free to type. With one swing and one pull of a buckle the bag transforms into a sling-type backpack. Designed in Boston, Platforma features a leather and high-density nylon shell, self-closing flap, custom polished hardware and a quickly adjustable strap.
- The Casey Group (Appalooza, Booth #718): The company will showcase Sales Navigator Calling, a new tool that allows users to make calls directory from their iPad. Leveraging a low-cost VoIP service, it has never been easier to stay in touch with your most valuable customers and prospects while on the road from your iPad. The technology is fully integrated with Sales Navigator, the first iOS application that helps sales professionals optimize their reach and touch to valuable customers and prospects through the seamless integration of contacts, calendars, and map applications.
- Touch Press (Appolooza, Booth #718): Touch Press will introduce The Orchestra, a truly ground-breaking iPad app that allows unprecedented interactive exploration of classical music. The Orchestra allows real-time selection of multiple video and audio tracks, along with an automatically synchronized score and graphical note-by-note visualization of each piece as it is played. The result is an immersive environment for exploring the music and every instrument in the orchestra.
- XFLEX by 1.0 Innovations (Booth #310): 1.0 Innovations will showcase the XFLEX iPad stand, The Single Stand Solution™ to all your tablet needs. The XFLEX works almost anywhere with virtually any flat surface tablet or smartphone. The flexible arm allows you to snake the tablet to an ideal point of view for reading, surfing, pod-casting or video recording.
- Zoom (MacIT S2): Zoom will introduce the world's first Unified Meeting Experience (UMX) solution that brings HD video conferencing, web meetings and mobility into a simple and free 3-in-1 meeting platform. Zoom offers the industry's first screen-sharing on iPhone, iPad and MacOS, the industry's first hybrid cloud meeting connector for Mac IT users and the industry's first 3-in-1 platform with Enterprise Single-Sign-On.
Attendee registration, along with information about event passes and pricing, can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/register/.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://www.macworldiworld.com/media-qualification-guidelines/. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld/iWorld.
For current happenings, news, chatter and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31 – February 2, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
May. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,198
2015 predictions circa 1970: houses anticipate our needs and adapt, city infrastructure is citizen and situation aware, office buildings identify and preprocess you. Today smart buildings have no such collective conscience, no shared set of fundamental services to identify, predict and synchronize around us. LiveSpace and M2Mi are changing that. LiveSpace Smart Environment devices deliver over the M2Mi IoT Platform real time presence, awareness and intent analytics as a service to local connected devices. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Sarah Cooper, VP Business of Development at M2Mi, will d...
May. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,062
Thanks to widespread Internet adoption and more than 10 billion connected devices around the world, companies became more excited than ever about the Internet of Things in 2014. Add in the hype around Google Glass and the Nest Thermostat, and nearly every business, including those from traditionally low-tech industries, wanted in. But despite the buzz, some very real business questions emerged – mainly, not if a device can be connected, or even when, but why? Why does connecting to the cloud create greater value for the user? Why do connected features improve the overall experience? And why do...
May. 30, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,245
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
May. 30, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 7,336
Imagine a world where targeting, attribution, and analytics are just as intrinsic to the physical world as they currently are to display advertising. Advances in technologies and changes in consumer behavior have opened the door to a whole new category of personalized marketing experience based on direct interactions with products. The products themselves now have a voice. What will they say? Who will control it? And what does it take for brands to win in this new world? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zack Bennett, Vice President of Customer Success at EVRYTHNG, will answer these questions a...
May. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,016
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
May. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,332
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. BMC has worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC pairs high-speed digital innovation with robust IT industrialization – allowing customers to provide amazing user experiences with optimized IT per...
May. 30, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,871
We’re entering a new era of computing technology that many are calling the Internet of Things (IoT). Machine to machine, machine to infrastructure, machine to environment, the Internet of Everything, the Internet of Intelligent Things, intelligent systems – call it what you want, but it’s happening, and its potential is huge. IoT is comprised of smart machines interacting and communicating with other machines, objects, environments and infrastructures. As a result, huge volumes of data are being generated, and that data is being processed into useful actions that can “command and control” thi...
May. 30, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,504
Building low-cost wearable devices can enhance the quality of our lives. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Sai Yamanoor, Embedded Software Engineer at Altschool, provided an example of putting together a small keychain within a $50 budget that educates the user about the air quality in their surroundings. He also provided examples such as building a wearable device that provides transit or recreational information. He then reviewed the resources available to build wearable devices at home including open source hardware, the raw materials required and the options available to power s...
May. 30, 2015 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,580
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial Cloud.
May. 30, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,887
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
May. 30, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,843
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happens, where data lives and where the interface lies. For instance, it's a mix of architectural styles ...
May. 30, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,214
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective storage designed to handle the massive surge in back-end data in a world where timely analytics is e...
May. 30, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,584
Collecting data in the field and configuring multitudes of unique devices is a time-consuming, labor-intensive process that can stretch IT resources. Horan & Bird [H&B], Australia’s fifth-largest Solar Panel Installer, wanted to automate sensor data collection and monitoring from its solar panels and integrate the data with its business and marketing systems. After data was collected and structured, two major areas needed to be addressed: improving developer workflows and extending access to a business application to multiple users (multi-tenancy). Docker, a container technology, was used to ...
May. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,851
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impact.
May. 29, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,576
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, data security and privacy.
May. 29, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 5,154
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In this session, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, will describe how to revolutionize your architecture and...
May. 29, 2015 02:33 PM EDT Reads: 971
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series data. By focusing on enterprise applications and the data center, he will use OpenTSDB as an example t...
May. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,927
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be
May. 29, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,142
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
May. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 7,574