|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 11:47 AM EST||
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- HSN, the leader in multi-channel retail, today announced an exciting new marketing collaboration with Disney to create an exclusive collection of fashions, jewelry, beauty and home accessories based upon one of the most anticipated films of the year, The Walt Disney Studios' Oz The Great and Powerful. To promote the collection and the film, HSN has developed a comprehensive 360 marketing campaign that includes a special two-day live event that can be viewed across all of its platforms -- TV, HSN.com and HSN mobile.
Oz The Great and Powerful, directed by Sam Raimi, stars James Franco, Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz and Michelle Williams. The screen story is by Mitchell Kapner and the screenplay is by Mitchell Kapner and David Lindsay-Abaire. The film opens in theaters nationwide on March 8 and is rated PG.
With the release of this expansive collection, HSN continues to reinvent and reenergize retail by allowing consumers the opportunity to experience the film through a one-of-a-kind shopping experience that captures bold and imaginative HSN products customized for "her." Top HSN designers have created a curated assortment of exclusive products reflecting the spirit of the film. The apparel, accessories, jewelry and beauty pieces reflect the essence of the movie's three, witches Theodora, Evanora and Glinda, drawing inspiration from their sense of style, personality and unique color palettes. The home and culinary items mirror the discovery the viewer feels while traveling through the world of Oz.
"We are so pleased to collaborate with HSN on another amazing film project. The smart, savvy and creative team at HSN have demonstrated their ability to connect and resonate with our core audience, and with this newly announced collection for Oz The Great and Powerful, we know the buzz around this exciting new film will continue to grow, " said Don Gross, vice president, global promotions, The Walt Disney Studios.
"HSN is an entertainment channel that indulges and engages consumers via unique retail experiences, said Bill Brand, EVP of Programming, Marketing and Business Development. "Disney is known for its masterful storytelling and we are excited to work with such a world-class brand to bring a compelling story like Oz The Great and Powerful to life through amazing products and rich content."
Jewelry, fashion, beauty products and home accessories including exclusive pieces from Naeem Khan, Badgley Mischka, Adrienne Landau, Raven Kauffman, Urban Decay, Be&D and others will be available for sale during a special live 48-hour event on HSN on March 1 & 2. Further amplifying HSN as a cutting edge pioneer in the retail-entertainment community, the limited-edition collection plays into the film's theme of illusions and wizardry. Consumers will experience a unique and spectacular fantasy world via the HSN collections.
Shop the collection on HSN.com starting February 14.
For more information about the Oz The Great and Powerful collection on HSN, please visit www.HSN.com and join in the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
About Oz The Great and Powerful:
Disney's fantastical adventure "Oz The Great and Powerful," directed by Sam Raimi, imagines the origins of L. Frank Baum's beloved wizard character. When Oscar Diggs (James Franco), a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he's hit the jackpot—fame and fortune are his for the taking—that is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone's been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity—and even a bit of wizardry—Oscar transforms himself not only into the great wizard but into a better man as well.
"Oz The Great and Powerful" is produced by Joe Roth, with screen story by Mitchell Kapner and screenplay by Mitchell Kapner and David Lindsay-Abaire. Grant Curtis, Palak Patel, Josh Donen and Philip Steuer are serving as executive producers. "Oz The Great and Powerful" opens in U.S. theaters on March 8, 2013.
HSN is a leading interactive multichannel retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts live to 96 million households in the US in HD 24/7 and its website — HSN.com - is a top 10 most trafficked e-commerce site, featuring more than 16,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, founded 35 years ago as the first shopping network, is an operating segment of HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSNI). For more information, please visit HSN.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For more than 85 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios; Disneynature; Marvel Studios; and Touchstone Pictures, the banner under which live-action films from DreamWorks Studios are distributed. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.
- Enterprise Mobility Asia News Weekly – Week of March 2, 2014
- Security Solutions Discussed by Industry Leaders in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews With HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks, Nuance, StrikeForce, Xcluesiv Cloud Technology
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- MBaaS, Cloud Computing and Architectures for Enterprise Mobility - What Your Mother Never Told You
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- Eliminating Mobility Silos
- Wake Up! Your Business Has Changed!
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Book Review | iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (4th Edition)
- How to Develop Apps for Vehicles
- Enterprise Mobility Asia News Weekly – Week of March 9, 2014
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (A through L)
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- Security Solutions Discussed by Industry Leaders in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews With HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks, StrikeForce, Xcluesiv Cloud Technology, and PSA Security Network
- Mobile Malware Milestone
- How to Choose Business Software: The Top 5 Considerations
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Enterprise Mobility Asia News Weekly – Week of March 2, 2014
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- The Internet of Things Have Transformed How We Think
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?