|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 02:01 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Street Artist XVALA, famous for invading the residential trash of celebrities such as Ashton Kutcher and Justin Bieber and tech icons Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg, has set his sights on Robert Downey Jr., Lindsay Lohan and Taylor Swift for his latest exhibit "The Tonight Show with Celebrity Chimp" at LAB ART Gallery in Los Angeles, announces Cory Allen Contemporary Art (CACA).
To represent the past, present and future of celebrity arcs based on their individual confrontation with hardship in the spotlight, XVALA has invaded the residential trash of celebrities Robert Downey Jr., Lindsay Lohan and Taylor Swift for his latest series of paintings.
A limited edition series of paintings imbued with reflecting powder created from broken down glass that was collected and mixed from all three celebrity's residential trash comprise the exhibit, which features a work of L.A. street art by the artist, appropriated by NBC's Tonight Show with Jay Leno for use as the backdrop for musical guests.
"The appropriated image is the artist's signature piece," said Cory Allen about the chimpanzee head image with google-eyes and heart-shaped smeared lipstick, called Celebrity Chimp. "The artist is re-appropriating it from 'The Tonight Show.'"
The paintings are stamped with the official "Tonight Show" logo.
Artist dumpster dives Hollywood to make a statement:
"Celebrities' personal lives become talk show related material to shape ratings - my work represents celebrity downfall and how a star can rise again," said XVALA. "Lindsay Lohan could learn from Robert Downey Jr. and Taylor Swift could learn from Lohan."
"A celebrity's personal life has become more entertaining than their professional work," said Cory Allen. "Hopefully the next generation will value art over entertainment."
The artist is dedicating his "Tonight Show" to programmer and internet activist, Aaron Swartz, in a heart-felt response to his passing. "Aaron's legacy has had a huge influence on my art," said XVALA.
"The Tonight Show with Celebrity Chimp" will debut at the world's largest street art gallery, LAB ART Gallery, on January 26, 2013 at 7 p.m., located at 217 S. La Brea Avenue in Los Angeles, Calif. For more info, contact Cory Allen at 323-393-3115 or visit www.LabArtGallery.com.
* Note: No celebrity endorsement claimed or implied, nor endorsement or licensing of/by "The Tonight Show" or NBC claimed or implied.
* PHOTO 72dpi: Send2Press.com/mediaboom/13-0117-tonightchimp_72dpi.jpg
* PHOTO Caption: "The Tonight Show with Celebrity Chimp" by XVALA.
This release was issued on behalf of the above organization by Send2Press(R), a unit of Neotrope(R). http://www.Send2Press.com
SOURCE Cory Allen Contemporary Art
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- Innovative Products, Financial Results Schedule, Annual General Meeting, and Mortgage Survey Results - Research Report on Google, TripAdvisor, Akamai, Bitauto, and Bankrate
- Global Cloud Computing Services Industry
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- TokBox Launches WebRTC Support
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up