|By Marketwired .||
|January 18, 2013 01:00 PM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 01/18/13 -- Seamless (seamless.com), the leading mobile and online service for ordering delivery and takeout food from more than 11,000 top restaurants in the U.S. and UK, announced today that chicken noodle soup and orange juice orders are skyrocketing this January due to an extra strong flu season. Flu victims turn to Seamless to avoid leaving the home and infecting friends and co-workers. From January 1 to January 14, chicken noodle soup orders increased 35 percent over January 2012. There was also a 37 percent increase in matzo ball soup orders, 10 percent increase in Gatorade orders and 19 percent increase in orange juice orders.
In just one month (December 2012 to January 2013), the average number of chicken noodle soup orders on Seamless increased by 36 percent, while the average number of orange juice orders increased 15 percent. With a sore throat or fever, Seamless.com or the full suite of mobile apps, lets people order their favorite flu remedies from the comfort of their homes. No need to pick up the phone. With just a few clicks, soothing chicken noodle soup will be on its way.
"January has been an especially difficult time for flu sufferers. Luckily, the next best thing to having your mom nurse you back to health is Seamless.com," said Ryan Scott, VP of Marketing for Seamless. "With 76 cuisine types, people can order practically anything they need to get better, whether it's chicken noodle soup or orange juice. The only trek is from the sofa to the front door and you never have to call a restaurant!"
Seamless also released some of the flu-related Special Instructions consumers have left for the chefs preparing the food or the people coming to deliver it:
- "I have the flu so please make my soup with extra love. Thank you! :-)"
- "Hey guys, I am home sick with the flu and running out of tissues like every hour. So if you could throw in some extra napkins, that would be soooo nice of you, thank you so much!!!"
- "My friend is sick and I am surprising her with this soup. She is not expecting it. Please tell her I love her."
- "Please knock on door and leave bag outside next to door -- I'm sick and don't want to get delivery person sick."
- "I'm really sick, can you write me a funny joke."
For more information on Seamless, please visit seamless.com or follow @Seamless on Twitter. Sick at home and never tried Seamless before or just ready to stop calling restaurants to get your food? Get $7 off your order with the code FOOD7. For first time users only, some restrictions may apply.
Seamless is the most trusted and comprehensive source for local restaurant information and online ordering. The company has made finding and ordering food from local restaurants fun and easy for more than two million members and many of the world's largest companies. Through Seamless.com, MenuPages.com, and mobile applications for iPad®, iPhone®, Android, and BlackBerry®, the company offers access to over 45,000 menus, 280,000 user-generated ratings and reviews, and exclusive discounts from restaurants in Los Angeles, New York, Washington DC, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Houston, Austin, Seattle, Portland, Miami, London, and other US cities. Seamless facilitated more than $400 million in food orders from its 11,000+ partner restaurants in 2011. Seamless is an independent, privately held company.
Atomic PR for Seamless
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- 2013 CEA Industry Forum to Feature Holiday Sales Trends and Five Techs to Watch, High-Level Keynoters and CE Hall of Fame Dinner
- The Death of the Office
- TokBox Launches WebRTC Support
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up