|By PR Newswire||
|January 22, 2013 03:01 AM EST||
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Good Technology™, the leader in secure enterprise mobility, today released the results of its second annual bring-your-own-device (BYOD) customer survey. Good's BYOD report shows how 100 of its customers across various industries around the globe are supporting BYOD. The full report can be found here.
"This year's report shows that BYOD continues to gain traction and those who have no plans to support BYOD are a small and rapidly shrinking minority of our customer base," said John Herrema, SVP Corporate Strategy at Good Technology. "This is no surprise to us since we hear every day from our customers how embracing BYOD has made their enterprises more productive, collaborative, and competitive than they ever were before. We're also seeing that BYOD is going global and that even our largest, most security conscious and highly regulated customers can safely embrace BYOD if they have the policies and supporting solutions in place to protect their business data and applications."
Similar to Good 's first BYOD report, this year's survey demonstrates how the "consumerization of IT" is forcing enterprise IT departments to develop policies for regulating the use of and ensuring the security of company information being accessed by employees' personal devices. More notably, this year's report reveals that an increasing number of companies around the globe are freely embracing BYOD to help reduce costs and increase employee productivity by allowing employees to use the devices they prefer and take advantage of mobile applications they know in order to work smarter.
"It is clear that companies are supporting BYOD in large numbers as it gives employees the choice to use the devices that make them most productive," said Chris Hazelton, Research Director for Mobile and Wireless at 451 Research. "While there is a lot of focus on supporting and controlling the device, the next challenge for IT will be provisioning and securing large volumes of enterprise apps and data in BYOD deployments."
Key findings in Good's 2012 BYOD report include:
- More Enterprises are Embracing BYOD: The percentage of enterprises formally supporting BYOD increased from 72 to 76 percent. More notably, those companies with no plans to support BYOD dropped from 9 to 5 percent.
- BYOD Expands Global Reach: Companies are moving out of a U.S-only support model to extend their BYOD practices to more countries around the globe, and in multiple countries at once.
- Larger Enterprises are the Most Active in BYOD: 75 percent of those supporting BYOD have 2,000 (or more) employees and 46 percent have 10,000 (or more) employees.
- BYOD is NOT Hindered by Regulatory Compliance or Security Concerns: The Financial Services/Insurance and Healthcare industries continue to be among the most active industries supporting BYOD. This year's report also shows an increase in Government adoption of BYOD programs.
- Employees Are Still Willing to Pay for Personal Choice: 50 percent of companies supporting BYOD require that all costs be covered by employees who are more than willing to take their employers up on the offer!
About Good Technology
Good Technology, the leader in secure enterprise mobility solutions, creates a world where employees can securely connect, communicate, and collaborate using their personal iOS, Android, and Windows Phone devices. A world where IT can manage mobile apps, devices and enterprise data simply and safely to increase overall business productivity. A world where business information can travel wherever it needs to go, without putting sensitive enterprise or personal data at risk. Good Technology's customers include more than 4,000 organizations worldwide, including FORTUNE 100™ leaders in financial services, healthcare, retail, telecommunications, manufacturing, legal, and government. Learn more at www.good.com.
©2013 Good Technology Corporation and its related entities. All use subject to license terms posted at www.good.com/legal. All rights reserved. GOOD, GOOD TECHNOLOGY, the GOOD logo, GOOD FOR ENTERPRISE, GOOD FOR GOVERNMENT, GOOD FOR YOU, GOOD DYNAMICS, SECURED BY GOOD, GOOD MOBILE MANAGER, GOOD CONNECT, GOOD SHARE, and GOOD DYNAMICS APPKINETICS are trademarks of Good Technology Corporation and its related entities. All third-party trademarks, trade names, or service marks are the property of their respective owners. Good's technology and products are protected by issued and pending U.S. and foreign patents.
iPad and, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. ©2013
SOURCE Good Technology
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- 2013 CEA Industry Forum to Feature Holiday Sales Trends and Five Techs to Watch, High-Level Keynoters and CE Hall of Fame Dinner
- The Death of the Office
- Media Streaming Technology Specialist bitmovin Releases Latest Version of Its MPEG DASH Streaming Media Client Solution
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- How Good APM and Capacity Planning Can Help Global Carriers
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- Discount Code for Strata and Hadoop World NYC is 28-30 Oct 2013
- Telepresence Options Launches WebRTC News And Resource Website
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up