|By Business Wire||
|January 23, 2013 07:05 AM EST||
FAB Universal (NYSE MKT: FU), a worldwide distributor of digital entertainment, today announced it has entered into agreements with Time Antaeus Cinema and Shouhang Supermarkets to open multiple FAB branded media and entertainment retail ‘mini-stores’. These agreements create a new channel to open digital media retail store-in-stores and install FAB intelligent media kiosks in popular, high traffic locations.
While consumers come to the cinema to enjoy the latest blockbuster or shop for their weekly groceries at the local supermarket, FAB’s Intelligent Media Kiosks will provide convenient download services directly to customer’s smart phones for digital content such as high quality films and popular music. FAB will also offer kiosk membership cards, CD’s, DVD’s and other entertainment retail products.
According to the agreements, the partners will provide retail space inside their locations free of charge to FAB Universal to build and operate FAB branded digital media stores and intelligent kiosk destinations. FAB and its partners will share in the revenue proportionately. The first 3-5 locations will open in the first half of 2013 in Beijing, Chengdu and Guangzhou.
“FAB is always looking for unique opportunities to accelerate growth and speed the adoption of our digital copyrighted content platform,” said Chris Spencer, CEO, FAB Universal Corp. “These partnerships are substantial opportunities for FAB to grow its earnings and expand its brand. FAB plans to design a world-class digital entertainment mini-store model and continue to expand its highly profitable Intelligent Media Kiosk network.”
Founded in 2005, Time Antaeus Cinema has become one of the top cinema chains in China with 92 locations. The Company’s proprietary video projectors were used in the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games opening ceremony. Founded in 1995, Shouhang Supermarkets operate 45 locations in Beijing and had total revenues in 2011 of approximately $150 million.
About FAB Universal Corp:
FAB Universal Corp. is a global leader in digital media entertainment sales and distribution. FAB delivers media to its customers worldwide through Intelligent Kiosks, Retail Stores, Retail Franchises and online through Apple iTunes and Google Android through three business units: Digital Media Services, Retail Media Sales and Wholesale Media Distribution. We distribute billions of movie, music, podcast, TV show and other digital files to consumers in 240 countries. Sales of digital media are generated through kiosks networks, subscription sales for mobile devices, smartphone Apps and Netflix-like subscription models. In 2011, we distributed billions of downloads of copyrighted music, video games, ringtones, ebooks, movies and podcasts to over 50 million people worldwide through iPods, iPhones, iPads, iTunes, Blackberrys, Windows Phones, Androids and many other devices and destinations. We are a publicly held, Pittsburgh based company with thousands of shareholders and a world-class team. Visit us on the web at www.fabuniversal.com, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Notice Regarding Forward-Looking Statements: "Forward-looking Statements" as defined in the Private Securities litigation Reform Act of 1995 may be included in this news release. These statements relate to future events or our future financial performance. These statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual future results or events. We disclaim any intention or obligation to revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise. There are important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to risks associated with changes in general economic and business conditions, actions of our competitors, the extent to which we are able to develop new services and markets for our services, the time and expense involved in such development activities, the level of demand and market acceptance of our services, changes in our business strategies and acts of terror against the United States.
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- 2013 CEA Industry Forum to Feature Holiday Sales Trends and Five Techs to Watch, High-Level Keynoters and CE Hall of Fame Dinner
- The Death of the Office
- TokBox Launches WebRTC Support
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up