|By Marketwired .||
|January 29, 2013 07:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- Spruce Media (www.sprucemedia.com), the leading provider of enterprise-class marketing solutions for Facebook Ads, today announced the public release of the Spruce Media State of Facebook Advertising Report.
In this latest report, Spruce Media provides statistics and trends analysis on key campaign performance metrics including cost per thousand impressions (CPM), click-through rates (CTR), and cost per click (CPC), and also offers its take on the social network's advertising products, including mobile application install ads, view tags, and its newly introduced graph search.
Highlights in the report include the following:
- In Q4 Spruce Media saw Brand Advertisers shift budgets from low CPM placements (right-hand-side) into high CPM placements (Newsfeed), coupled with widespread adoption of Facebook Exchange to backfill lower CPM placements, this makes us very positive on Facebook's Q4 revenue.
- Newsfeed CPM's increased further in Q4 showing increased competition in the Facebook Ad Market.
- Newsfeed mobile CPM is down 10% from Q3 to Q4, this could be due to increased inventory with iPhone 5, iOS 6 and Facebook's ramp of eligible device impressions.
- Desktop Newsfeed CPM is up 34% to Q4 showing sustained inventory volume with increased competition for the ever-valuable newsfeed impressions during the holiday season.
- Newsfeed CTRs in Q4 continued to rise showing a clear improvement in Facebook's ad formatting and ad serving algorithm.
- The 34% increase in CTR on this placement shows that Facebook has been able to improve the formatting and relevancy of ads delivered in their mobile applications confirming Facebook's ability to focus on both user experience as well as revenue building product development.
- The 33% drop in Mobile Newsfeed CPC from Q3 to Q4 further opens Facebook up to the $1.6+ Billion industry of mobile ad network advertisers who currently pay very low CPC rates.
- In Q4, Spruce Media found that Ads served on Desktop Newsfeed cost an average of $0.24 per engagement. Ads served on Mobile Newsfeed cost as average of $0.76 per engagement within 28 days. While Spruce Media found that Mobile Newsfeed is extremely effective at driving immediate engagement of liking a page, liking a post and viewing that specific piece of content; further browsing or other page content after the initial engagement is more likely to occur on desktop.
- Facebook's first deposit against serving direct response advertisers on Mobile is their Mobile App Install Ad. Spruce Media's data on this ad unit so far shows an average cost per click of $0.39 and an average cost per install of $0.97, numbers which fall right into the strike zone of your average mobile application advertiser.
The report also covers Facebook Predictions for 2013, including insights for Facebook Graph Search:
- Facebook had an extremely productive 2012 and has shown the market that they have a commitment to developing innovative advertising products that provide a better user experience. Ending 2012 and going into 2013, Spruce Media sees Brands continuing their Facebook investment from being a "let's try this out" to a "must-buy" to now, being a "how do we strategically develop a media plan that accomplishes our goals." Seeing the incredible engagement metrics from getting content into the Desktop Newsfeed makes developing strategies to 1.) Get into the Newsfeed and 2.) Stay in the Newsfeed, critical now more than ever.
- Facebook's recent announcement of Graph Search (a revolutionary new way to discover people, places and things) could make a great addition to Newsfeed for Brand Marketers. Similarly to "getting into the Newsfeed" the only way to "get into search results" is to have relevant and engaging content, therefore Graph Search is just another reason that brands should employ smart paid media strategies and continue investing on Facebook. In addition to brand marketers investing in Graph Search inventory, this new "demand fulfillment" inventory will attract advertisers to Facebook who haven't yet spent any dollars.
- Facebook has made significant progress on product adoption and doesn't show signs of slowing down in 2013. This brings about a huge opportunity for advertisers that are embracing the social media giant and big challenges in navigating Facebook marketing strategy. Humanizing advertising is a very exciting world that Spruce Media looks forward to Facebook continuing to develop.
About Spruce Media:
Spruce Media is the leading provider of enterprise-class marketing technology that delivers real results at scale, and drives consumers from likes to influence for the most successful advertisers, agencies, and trading desks on Facebook. Recently named one of 12 Facebook Strategic Preferred Marketing Developers, the highest distinction of excellence offered, Spruce has pushed over 300-billion impressions through its software and is the technology of choice for the largest advertisers on Facebook. Founded in 2010, Spruce has developed a robust solution integrating ad creation, bid management, analytics, and reporting into one easy to use, yet powerful interface, which can be licensed or coupled with managed services. Spruce Media is based in San Francisco and has sales offices in Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, Minneapolis, Washington D.C., and New York.
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Jul. 29, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 229
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 28, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,372
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,752
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 219
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,247
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,157
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 410
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,029
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,038
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,019
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 309
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,891
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,558
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 26, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,140
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 379
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,943
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 442
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,521
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,480
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Jul. 24, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,044