|By Marketwired .||
|January 29, 2013 07:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- Spruce Media (www.sprucemedia.com), the leading provider of enterprise-class marketing solutions for Facebook Ads, today announced the public release of the Spruce Media State of Facebook Advertising Report.
In this latest report, Spruce Media provides statistics and trends analysis on key campaign performance metrics including cost per thousand impressions (CPM), click-through rates (CTR), and cost per click (CPC), and also offers its take on the social network's advertising products, including mobile application install ads, view tags, and its newly introduced graph search.
Highlights in the report include the following:
- In Q4 Spruce Media saw Brand Advertisers shift budgets from low CPM placements (right-hand-side) into high CPM placements (Newsfeed), coupled with widespread adoption of Facebook Exchange to backfill lower CPM placements, this makes us very positive on Facebook's Q4 revenue.
- Newsfeed CPM's increased further in Q4 showing increased competition in the Facebook Ad Market.
- Newsfeed mobile CPM is down 10% from Q3 to Q4, this could be due to increased inventory with iPhone 5, iOS 6 and Facebook's ramp of eligible device impressions.
- Desktop Newsfeed CPM is up 34% to Q4 showing sustained inventory volume with increased competition for the ever-valuable newsfeed impressions during the holiday season.
- Newsfeed CTRs in Q4 continued to rise showing a clear improvement in Facebook's ad formatting and ad serving algorithm.
- The 34% increase in CTR on this placement shows that Facebook has been able to improve the formatting and relevancy of ads delivered in their mobile applications confirming Facebook's ability to focus on both user experience as well as revenue building product development.
- The 33% drop in Mobile Newsfeed CPC from Q3 to Q4 further opens Facebook up to the $1.6+ Billion industry of mobile ad network advertisers who currently pay very low CPC rates.
- In Q4, Spruce Media found that Ads served on Desktop Newsfeed cost an average of $0.24 per engagement. Ads served on Mobile Newsfeed cost as average of $0.76 per engagement within 28 days. While Spruce Media found that Mobile Newsfeed is extremely effective at driving immediate engagement of liking a page, liking a post and viewing that specific piece of content; further browsing or other page content after the initial engagement is more likely to occur on desktop.
- Facebook's first deposit against serving direct response advertisers on Mobile is their Mobile App Install Ad. Spruce Media's data on this ad unit so far shows an average cost per click of $0.39 and an average cost per install of $0.97, numbers which fall right into the strike zone of your average mobile application advertiser.
The report also covers Facebook Predictions for 2013, including insights for Facebook Graph Search:
- Facebook had an extremely productive 2012 and has shown the market that they have a commitment to developing innovative advertising products that provide a better user experience. Ending 2012 and going into 2013, Spruce Media sees Brands continuing their Facebook investment from being a "let's try this out" to a "must-buy" to now, being a "how do we strategically develop a media plan that accomplishes our goals." Seeing the incredible engagement metrics from getting content into the Desktop Newsfeed makes developing strategies to 1.) Get into the Newsfeed and 2.) Stay in the Newsfeed, critical now more than ever.
- Facebook's recent announcement of Graph Search (a revolutionary new way to discover people, places and things) could make a great addition to Newsfeed for Brand Marketers. Similarly to "getting into the Newsfeed" the only way to "get into search results" is to have relevant and engaging content, therefore Graph Search is just another reason that brands should employ smart paid media strategies and continue investing on Facebook. In addition to brand marketers investing in Graph Search inventory, this new "demand fulfillment" inventory will attract advertisers to Facebook who haven't yet spent any dollars.
- Facebook has made significant progress on product adoption and doesn't show signs of slowing down in 2013. This brings about a huge opportunity for advertisers that are embracing the social media giant and big challenges in navigating Facebook marketing strategy. Humanizing advertising is a very exciting world that Spruce Media looks forward to Facebook continuing to develop.
About Spruce Media:
Spruce Media is the leading provider of enterprise-class marketing technology that delivers real results at scale, and drives consumers from likes to influence for the most successful advertisers, agencies, and trading desks on Facebook. Recently named one of 12 Facebook Strategic Preferred Marketing Developers, the highest distinction of excellence offered, Spruce has pushed over 300-billion impressions through its software and is the technology of choice for the largest advertisers on Facebook. Founded in 2010, Spruce has developed a robust solution integrating ad creation, bid management, analytics, and reporting into one easy to use, yet powerful interface, which can be licensed or coupled with managed services. Spruce Media is based in San Francisco and has sales offices in Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, Minneapolis, Washington D.C., and New York.
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 2, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 187
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so they don't have to be replaced and are instantly converted to become smart, connected devices.
Sep. 2, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 198
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 2, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 408
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Sep. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 266
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
Sep. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,560
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Communication) is an open source project supported by Google, Mozilla and Opera that aims to enable bro...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,545
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on demos and comprehensive walkthroughs.
Sep. 2, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 380
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Sep. 2, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,627
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,995
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 184
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 493
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as soon as they are needed to take action.
Sep. 2, 2015 08:45 AM EDT
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Sep. 2, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 308
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 2, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 615
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Sep. 2, 2015 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 340
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 2, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 482
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Sep. 2, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 708
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 450