|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2013 10:00 AM EST||
Kronos Incorporated today announced financial results, company advancements, and customer successes for the first quarter of Fiscal 2013. Kronos revenue for the quarter increased 13 percent to $224.2 million. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) increased 18 percent to $66.7 million.1
“We delivered outstanding growth in our first quarter – including a 106-percent increase in workforce management cloud revenue,” said Aron Ain, Kronos chief executive officer. “Our award-winning products are ushering in a new era of innovation whereby organizations are empowered to manage in the moment. With our innovative product portfolio, fast-growing cloud business, deep vertical expertise, and unmatched global capabilities, Kronos is perfectly poised to continue to gain market share in 2013 and beyond.”
First-Quarter News Facts
- Tremendous Kronos Cloud growth – Kronos Cloud deployments represent the fastest-growing aspect of the company’s business. Kronos continues to experience a tremendous customer response to its new Workforce Ready™ suite in the Kronos Cloud for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), as well as its Workforce Central® suite in the Kronos Cloud for medium and large enterprise organizations. Deploying in the Kronos Cloud generates a fast return on investment and eliminates the need to invest in and manage IT infrastructure and staff. Today more than 7,000 organizations are running in the Kronos Cloud.
- Strong contribution from international regions – International product bookings increased 53 percent year on year. The Asia-Pacific region delivered exceptional results, as continued investments in Australia, China, and India resulted in new local and multinational customer wins. Kronos further extended its reach into the Chinese market by forming a reseller agreement with Capgemini. The Latin America region, led by the Kronos operation in Mexico, continued its growth and expansion. Significant progress continued in South Africa where Kronos experienced significant new customer acquisition. Kronos solutions are used in more than 100 countries around the world.
- Exceptional momentum in SMB sector – Small and midsize businesses are enthusiastically embracing the ease of use, affordability, and cloud capabilities of Kronos workforce management solutions as a way to stay competitive and do more with less. Kronos experienced an exceptional quarter in the SMB sector, driven in large part by an accelerated pace of adoption for its new Workforce Ready suite. Kronos is rapidly revolutionizing how SMBs manage their businesses and gain an even greater competitive advantage.
Delivery of innovative, next-generation products – During the
quarter, Kronos delivered a series of innovative new products and
enhancements which are transforming the way organizations manage their
- Workforce Tablet™ – A sleek, easy-to-use tablet application that delivers real-time, location-specific workforce information to frontline managers so they can more effectively manage in the moment, Workforce Tablet is a native-built tablet solution developed specifically for the Apple iPad, providing an anytime, anyplace, instant connection to the Kronos Workforce Central suite.
- Workforce Task Management™ – Workforce Task Management simplifies store execution by providing end-users with a streamlined approach to create, approve, execute, and verify tasks. This drives productivity by streamlining communication between corporate and stores as well as increases sales and customer satisfaction by ensuring tasks are completed on time and consistently across locations.
- Workforce Analytics™ – The latest version of Kronos’ Workforce Analytics solution enables organizations to easily access and leverage their workforce data to identify, predict, and manage opportunities for cost savings and productivity gains.
- Workforce Ready – Kronos delivered significant enhancements to its SMB cloud suite, Workforce Ready. Enhancements include compatibility with the Kronos InTouch™ time clock; introduction of a workforce-centric application marketplace; and additional language support.
- TeleStaff™ – The latest version of the Kronos TeleStaff public safety scheduling and notification solution includes enhancements that allow deployment and support of additional technology platforms; enhanced shift-bidding statuses enabling employees to view and monitor the status of their bids for shifts; and advanced reporting features.
- Kronos InTouch™ applications – Kronos partners, customers, and third-party developers can easily create and share workforce applications for the award-winning Kronos InTouch time clock. The latest applications include: developed by Axsium Group, Wayfinder helps employees easily find their way to their work location using floor plan maps; developed by The WFC Group, EnrollMe gives employees the ability to join their employer’s healthcare plan during open enrollment; and developed by Kronos, Employee Survey allows an employer to host a survey to solicit and capture employee feedback.
- In the first quarter of Fiscal 2013, Kronos signed agreements with organizations around the world such as: Aaron’s, Inc., a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories; ALDI Stores, A Limited Partnership, with more than 200 stores operating across New South Wales, ACT, Queensland, and Victoria, Australia; Carpenter Technology, produces and distributes specialty alloys, including stainless steels, titanium alloys and superalloys, and various engineered products; Hitachi Construction Machinery (Australia) Pty Ltd, a subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd (Japan), Australia’s home for sales and support of Hitachi, John Deere, and Bell construction, forestry, mining, quarry, and recycling machinery; Lafayette General Medical Center, a regional, non-profit, community-owned and -managed hospital located in Lafayette, Louisiana; North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System, the nation’s third-largest, non-profit, secular healthcare system; Rockford Health System, includes Rockford Memorial Hospital, Rockford Health Physicians, Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, Visiting Nurses Association and the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation; Santa Clara County, a county located at the southern end of the San Francisco Bay Area in California; Sports Direct, the UK’s leading sports retailer by revenue and operating profit, and the owner of a significant number of world-famous sport, fashion, and lifestyle brands; Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, not-for-profit health system located in Kansas City, Mo.; Wakefern Food Corporation, the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the U.S.; and Weir SPM, a market leader in well service pumps and high pressure flow control equipment.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks and Workforce Ready, Workforce Tablet, Workforce Task Management, Workforce Analytics, TeleStaff, and InTouch are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Footnote 1: Revenue excludes purchase accounting adjustments related to the company going private in June 2007 and its acquisitions since June 2007 and includes timing adjustments related to international product deliveries which management includes when evaluating operating results. EBITDA excludes purchase accounting adjustments, FAS 123R charges, and non-recurring, unusual charges.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Dec. 22, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 3,057
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 22, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,254
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Dec. 21, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 3,195
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 21, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,685
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 3,213
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Dec. 21, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,817
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Dec. 21, 2014 06:15 AM EST Reads: 3,353
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 20, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 2,378
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 2,131
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,442
Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, at more than US$500 billion, and ranks 23rd in the world. A recent re-evaluation of Nigeria's true economic size doubled the previous estimate, and brought it well ahead of South Africa, which is a member (unlike Nigeria) of the G20 club for political as well as economic reasons. Nigeria's economy can be said to be quite diverse from one point of view, but heavily dependent on oil and gas at the same time. Oil and natural gas account for about 15% of Nigera's overall economy, but traditionally represent more than 90% of the country's exports and as...
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,466
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 2,371
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 2,372
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 2,340
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,349
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,425
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,332
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your organization should be taking to position itself for the next platform of digital competition.
Dec. 15, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,727
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 8,283
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 3,386