|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2013 10:00 AM EST||
Kronos Incorporated today announced financial results, company advancements, and customer successes for the first quarter of Fiscal 2013. Kronos revenue for the quarter increased 13 percent to $224.2 million. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) increased 18 percent to $66.7 million.1
“We delivered outstanding growth in our first quarter – including a 106-percent increase in workforce management cloud revenue,” said Aron Ain, Kronos chief executive officer. “Our award-winning products are ushering in a new era of innovation whereby organizations are empowered to manage in the moment. With our innovative product portfolio, fast-growing cloud business, deep vertical expertise, and unmatched global capabilities, Kronos is perfectly poised to continue to gain market share in 2013 and beyond.”
First-Quarter News Facts
- Tremendous Kronos Cloud growth – Kronos Cloud deployments represent the fastest-growing aspect of the company’s business. Kronos continues to experience a tremendous customer response to its new Workforce Ready™ suite in the Kronos Cloud for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), as well as its Workforce Central® suite in the Kronos Cloud for medium and large enterprise organizations. Deploying in the Kronos Cloud generates a fast return on investment and eliminates the need to invest in and manage IT infrastructure and staff. Today more than 7,000 organizations are running in the Kronos Cloud.
- Strong contribution from international regions – International product bookings increased 53 percent year on year. The Asia-Pacific region delivered exceptional results, as continued investments in Australia, China, and India resulted in new local and multinational customer wins. Kronos further extended its reach into the Chinese market by forming a reseller agreement with Capgemini. The Latin America region, led by the Kronos operation in Mexico, continued its growth and expansion. Significant progress continued in South Africa where Kronos experienced significant new customer acquisition. Kronos solutions are used in more than 100 countries around the world.
- Exceptional momentum in SMB sector – Small and midsize businesses are enthusiastically embracing the ease of use, affordability, and cloud capabilities of Kronos workforce management solutions as a way to stay competitive and do more with less. Kronos experienced an exceptional quarter in the SMB sector, driven in large part by an accelerated pace of adoption for its new Workforce Ready suite. Kronos is rapidly revolutionizing how SMBs manage their businesses and gain an even greater competitive advantage.
Delivery of innovative, next-generation products – During the
quarter, Kronos delivered a series of innovative new products and
enhancements which are transforming the way organizations manage their
- Workforce Tablet™ – A sleek, easy-to-use tablet application that delivers real-time, location-specific workforce information to frontline managers so they can more effectively manage in the moment, Workforce Tablet is a native-built tablet solution developed specifically for the Apple iPad, providing an anytime, anyplace, instant connection to the Kronos Workforce Central suite.
- Workforce Task Management™ – Workforce Task Management simplifies store execution by providing end-users with a streamlined approach to create, approve, execute, and verify tasks. This drives productivity by streamlining communication between corporate and stores as well as increases sales and customer satisfaction by ensuring tasks are completed on time and consistently across locations.
- Workforce Analytics™ – The latest version of Kronos’ Workforce Analytics solution enables organizations to easily access and leverage their workforce data to identify, predict, and manage opportunities for cost savings and productivity gains.
- Workforce Ready – Kronos delivered significant enhancements to its SMB cloud suite, Workforce Ready. Enhancements include compatibility with the Kronos InTouch™ time clock; introduction of a workforce-centric application marketplace; and additional language support.
- TeleStaff™ – The latest version of the Kronos TeleStaff public safety scheduling and notification solution includes enhancements that allow deployment and support of additional technology platforms; enhanced shift-bidding statuses enabling employees to view and monitor the status of their bids for shifts; and advanced reporting features.
- Kronos InTouch™ applications – Kronos partners, customers, and third-party developers can easily create and share workforce applications for the award-winning Kronos InTouch time clock. The latest applications include: developed by Axsium Group, Wayfinder helps employees easily find their way to their work location using floor plan maps; developed by The WFC Group, EnrollMe gives employees the ability to join their employer’s healthcare plan during open enrollment; and developed by Kronos, Employee Survey allows an employer to host a survey to solicit and capture employee feedback.
- In the first quarter of Fiscal 2013, Kronos signed agreements with organizations around the world such as: Aaron’s, Inc., a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories; ALDI Stores, A Limited Partnership, with more than 200 stores operating across New South Wales, ACT, Queensland, and Victoria, Australia; Carpenter Technology, produces and distributes specialty alloys, including stainless steels, titanium alloys and superalloys, and various engineered products; Hitachi Construction Machinery (Australia) Pty Ltd, a subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd (Japan), Australia’s home for sales and support of Hitachi, John Deere, and Bell construction, forestry, mining, quarry, and recycling machinery; Lafayette General Medical Center, a regional, non-profit, community-owned and -managed hospital located in Lafayette, Louisiana; North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System, the nation’s third-largest, non-profit, secular healthcare system; Rockford Health System, includes Rockford Memorial Hospital, Rockford Health Physicians, Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, Visiting Nurses Association and the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation; Santa Clara County, a county located at the southern end of the San Francisco Bay Area in California; Sports Direct, the UK’s leading sports retailer by revenue and operating profit, and the owner of a significant number of world-famous sport, fashion, and lifestyle brands; Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, not-for-profit health system located in Kansas City, Mo.; Wakefern Food Corporation, the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the U.S.; and Weir SPM, a market leader in well service pumps and high pressure flow control equipment.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks and Workforce Ready, Workforce Tablet, Workforce Task Management, Workforce Analytics, TeleStaff, and InTouch are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Footnote 1: Revenue excludes purchase accounting adjustments related to the company going private in June 2007 and its acquisitions since June 2007 and includes timing adjustments related to international product deliveries which management includes when evaluating operating results. EBITDA excludes purchase accounting adjustments, FAS 123R charges, and non-recurring, unusual charges.
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 3, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 536
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 368
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 343
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,428
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 149
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,088
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,180
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,302
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,210
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,776
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,053
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,048
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 336
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,914
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,592
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 406
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,977
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 490
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,562
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,508