|By Business Wire||
|February 21, 2013 11:02 AM EST||
ChaCha, the leading real-time, human-powered question-and-answer (Q&A) site, today announced that it ranked as the top answer provider on mobile devices for accuracy and on the Butler University Q&A Intelligence Index according to Butler Business Accelerator’s “Study on Q&A Platforms” released earlier this week. Further validating ChaCha’s utility to its users, ChaCha.com ranked as the top-ranked mobile web site in comScore’s January 2013 Mobile Metrix Key Measures report, when measured by average minutes per smartphone visitor.
comScore measured ChaCha.com at an average of 133.6 minutes per smartphone visitor in January 2013, placing the Q&A site ahead of all other mobile websites including Facebook.com, Google.com, Craigslist.com and AOL.com. In addition, the Butler study revealed that ChaCha’s mobile application for the Apple iPhone responded to the study’s 180 randomly selected questions with the highest degree of accuracy of all 11 competitors tested, including Siri, Quora, Ask.com, and Google.
ChaCha also scored the highest on the Butler University Q&A Intelligence Index, which measures the likelihood that a user can expect to receive a correct answer to any random question asked using natural language. The questions were asked via mobile services and randomized to cover both popular and less common questions.
The Butler study accuracy score measured how correct answers were in relation to an objective third party’s answer key that accounted for logic and bias. The coverage score measured whether an answer was returned within a three-minute window and assessed the first non-sponsored search result in Q&A platforms.
With sales of mobile devices (smartphones and tablets) expected to grow by 20 percent in 2013, according to IDC, consumers will continue to turn to their mobile devices to seek out answers to their questions. ChaCha’s proprietary approach to Q&A, combined with its unique technology that harnesses the power of human intelligence, gives users a valuable resource for the answers they need while on the go.
“ChaCha has long focused on delivering the right answer at the right time with a uniquely human element, and this is reflected in our best-in-class ranking on the Butler University Q&A Intelligence Index, as well as in a true litmus-test ranking from comScore,” said Scott A. Jones, ChaCha’s CEO. “As we accelerate our growth, we continue to invest in our technology and platform performance, further advancing ChaCha as the best resource for information on the go.”
“There is a vast amount of information available to consumers through their mobile devices today, with much more to come as people become accustomed to sharing their knowledge online regularly,” said Trent Ritzenthaler, Operating Director, Butler Business Accelerator. “Through our extensive study, ChaCha showed the highest level of performance. As the market matures, we anticipate that ChaCha and other mobile search companies will lift the standard of natural language processing and semantic understanding to enhance the user experience with mobile Q&A.”
For further information on the research methodology and analysis of test data, visit http://www.butler.edu/q-a-study/.
About the Butler Business Accelerator
The Butler Business Accelerator (BBA) is an extension of the Butler University College of Business. The BBA’s experienced professionals leverage the University’s resources to help solve business challenges. From strategy to marketing, sales, operations and financial management, the BBA’s network of subject matter experts work alongside clients to build solutions that have immediate and long-term results.
ChaCha is the leading source for free real-time Q&A. Through its unique "ask-a-smart-friend" platform, ChaCha has answered over 2 billion questions since launch from more than 40 million unique users per month via online (ChaCha.com), iPhone app, Android app, mobile text (242-242), and voice (1-800-2-ChaCha™). ChaCha is one of the fastest-growing mobile and online publishers according to comScore, Nielsen, and Quantcast, was named by Forbes as one of America's Most Promising Companies, and is a Red Herring Global Top 100 Company. Follow ChaCha on Twitter: @ChaCha and @ChaChaMan.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- 2013 CEA Industry Forum to Feature Holiday Sales Trends and Five Techs to Watch, High-Level Keynoters and CE Hall of Fame Dinner
- The Death of the Office
- 3CX To Leverage WebRTC
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- TokBox Launches WebRTC Support
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up