|By Business Wire||
|August 21, 2013 08:03 AM EDT||
Webalo, Inc., is launching Webalo for Citrix Worx, a Citrix Ready Worx Verified mobile app generation platform that, as an integral part of the IT infrastructure, lets IT or department-level users create enterprise-to-mobile apps in minutes. Webalo for Citrix Worx integrates seamlessly into the Citrix MDX app container technology and XenMobile infrastructure, giving 260,000 Citrix customers and 10,000 Citrix Resellers an infrastructure-level mobile app generation platform that connects directly to existing enterprise applications and data; provides bi-directional, transactional, interactive mobile access for a fraction of the cost of traditional development and retains all of the security and protection that Citrix ensures.
“Webalo gives our customers and resellers a way to create enterprise mobile apps that’s built right into their IT infrastructure,” said Christopher Fleck, Vice President, Mobility Solutions and Alliance at Citrix. “Webalo offers a level of automation, simplicity, speed, and savings that, when it’s combined with Citrix’s own MDX technology and XenMobile infrastructure, enables the multiple advantages of BYOD. Mobile employees can get the enterprise access they need to do their jobs more productively, get it on whatever Android and Apple smartphones and tablets they use, and IT gets the confidence to enable BYOD, do it virtually on demand, and do it with complete security.”
Webalo’s technology uses a step-by-step, point-and-click configuration process to generate and deploy enterprise mobile apps in minutes, enabling Citrix users to securely access critical back-end data using Webalo embedded into the Citrix MDX technology and XenMobile infrastructure. Webalo quickly mobilizes IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Salesforce.com and in-house custom-built applications and can be easily customized to meet the specific needs of individual users. Together Webalo and Citrix eliminate the need for companies to design, develop and then independently verify the tens, hundreds and, in some cases, thousands of different enterprise mobile applications their businesses will require. In combination with Citrix MDX technology, Webalo gives businesses an infrastructural enterprise mobility platform for confidently generating, securing and managing apps and content on both iOS and Android devices.
“Citrix MDX and XenMobile provide the essential protection and security that are vital in the enterprise and, integrated in this secure environment, Webalo for Citrix Worx represents a new opportunity on a number of levels,” Webalo Co-Founder and CEO Peter Price stresses. “The first is the ability to deliver the apps that mobile users want – not on a one-by-one, as-we-get-to-it, basis – but as something built into the IT infrastructure that’s always available to deliver enterprise-to-mobile capabilities on demand, whether that demand is met by IT directly or by department-level employees. Second is business-level scalability. Given the daily rise in requests for mobile access to the enterprise, IT must be able to handle – and implement – all those requests for enterprise mobility in an economical and time efficient manner. As a mobile app generation platform, that is an integral part of the IT infrastructure, Webalo scales economically to meet the mobile app demands of any enterprise.”
- Blog: Webalo-Citrix Enterprise Mobile Infrastructure
- Get Started: Create a Free Webalo Account
- Whitepaper: The App For Enterprise™
- Citrix Ready: Learn about the Citrix Ready Worx Verified Program
- Citrix Marketplace: Visit the Citrix Ready Exchange Marketplace
Webalo is the easy, fast, affordable alternative to traditional mobile application development – infinitely scalable and an integral part of the IT infrastructure that lets IT or department-level users create enterprise-to-mobile apps in minutes. It offers out-of-the-box compatibility with Enterprise Mobility Management security tools and, with its speed and simplicity, eliminates the obstacles to implementing BYOD. Webalo connects to the enterprise applications and data that companies already have and delivers secure, interactive, bi-directional, transactional mobile access to the enterprise applications, data, and real-time operational analytics that employees rely on to do their jobs, and it does it for pennies an app. It’s 100x faster than traditional mobile application development, a fraction of the cost, simple enough for anyone to master, and powerful enough to let users take action directly from their smartphones and tablets. Webalo reduces the burden on IT, lowers overhead, extends the value of enterprise applications, and leverages the full computing power of smartphones and tablets. Founded in 2000, Los Angeles-based Webalo is privately held. Additional information about Webalo's products, customers, and partners is available at www.webalo.com. Visit our blog at http://blog.webalo.com. Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/WebaloInc.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- 2013 CEA Industry Forum to Feature Holiday Sales Trends and Five Techs to Watch, High-Level Keynoters and CE Hall of Fame Dinner
- The Death of the Office
- 3CX To Leverage WebRTC
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- TokBox Launches WebRTC Support
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up