|By PR Newswire||
|August 28, 2013 10:17 AM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Playforge, a mobile games developer and publisher, today announced the worldwide launch of the newest installment of the hit Zombie Farm series, Zombie Farm Battles. The all-new card battle game is free-to-play and now available for download on Apple's App Store.
"Zombie Farm Battles is an exciting new addition to the Zombie Farm portfolio and offers fans the chance to experience the Zombie Farm world in a whole new way," said Jack Sorensen, President of The Playforge. "Zombie Farm Battles allows for a deeper fan engagement with endless hours of battles with new characters, challenges and prizes. We expect Zombie Farm Battles will appeal to Zombie Farm enthusiasts and also expand to new gamers who are fans of the challenging combat action."
In the game, the zombies embark on an epic journey to battle their worst enemies – humans, who've infested the world. Zombie Farm character favorites from previous titles along with newly introduced characters will work together to form unified teams to battle the humans. Players can also test their zombie team's skills by going head-to-head with other players to win battle event prizes.
Key features of Zombie Farm Battles include:
- Colorful quests and simple, fast-paced battles
- Up-for-grabs, weekly challenges with huge rewards
- The ability to link up with friends and borrow their zombies
- Endless action through multiplayer battles with players around the world
- Mutating zombies and chances to unlock new battle abilities to defeat evil bosses
The Playforge also launched Zombie Farm Escape earlier this month, which is now available worldwide. In the free-to-play iOS game, zombies must flee from Ol' mcdonnell and his farm hands that are holding them captive in his veggie garden. Beautiful and diverse scenery provides an enhanced experience while players collect zombies, dash, and dodge oncoming obstacles and race to high scores.
Key features of Zombie Farm Escape include:
- Compete against friends and check scores on the social leaderboard
- Run with friends in game and get higher scores
- Unlock and upgrade power-ups for endless fun
- Explore the course with a unique set of swipe controls
Download Zombie Farm Battles and Zombie Farm Escape today on Apple's App Store. Connect with Zombie Farm by following us on Twitter @ZombieFarmGame and liking us on Facebook at Facebook.com/ZombieFarm.
About Zombie Farm
The Zombie Farm franchise provides a fun and creative twist to farm gaming, allowing players to farm, grow and harvest both produce and zombies. Harvested zombies form armies, which can be used to invade neighboring farms. Created in 2010 by The Playforge, an affiliate of Saban Brands, Zombie Farm was in the Top 10 grossing iPhone apps on Apple's iTunes Rewind in both 2010 and 2011 and has had more than 42 million app downloads worldwide, with 15.6 million in the U.S. alone. Other titles in the series include Zombie Farm 2, Zombie Farm Bubbles, Zombie Farm Battles and Zombie Farm Escape. All titles are free-to-play and are iOS compatible. To see what's new and exciting with Zombie Farm, visit www.theplayforge.com.
About The Playforge
The Playforge is a pioneer and leader in the mobile social games space and was one of the first iOS developers to sell virtual currency redeemable for virtual goods. Known for its internationally acclaimed game Zombie Farm, The Playforge specializes in developing uniquely charming character-based games for general audiences. As of the end of 2011, Zombie Farm was the No. 1 top grossing free-to-play application of all time and was in the Top 10 grossing iPhone apps on Apple's iTunes Rewind in both 2010 and 2011. The Playforge is an affiliate of Saban Brands.
About Saban Brands
Formed in 2010 as an affiliate of Saban Capital Group, Saban Brands (SB) was established to acquire and develop a world-class portfolio of properties and capitalize on the company's experience, track record and capabilities in growing and monetizing consumer brands through content, media and marketing. SB applies a global omni-channel management approach to enhancing and extending its brands in markets worldwide and to consumers of all ages. The company provides full-service management, marketing, promotion and strategic business development for its intellectual properties including comprehensive strategies unique to each brand, trademark and copyright management and enforcement, creative design, retail development, direct-to-consumer initiatives and specialized property extensions. SB is led by a superior management team with decades of experience in media, content creation, branding, licensing, marketing and finance. SB's portfolio of properties currently includes Power Rangers, Paul Frank, Vortexx, Zui.com, The Playforge, Julius Jr., Digimon Fusion and Popples. For more information, visit www.sabanbrands.com.
SOURCE Saban Brands
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- 2013 CEA Industry Forum to Feature Holiday Sales Trends and Five Techs to Watch, High-Level Keynoters and CE Hall of Fame Dinner
- The Death of the Office
- 3CX To Leverage WebRTC
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- TokBox Launches WebRTC Support
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up