|By PR Newswire||
|September 9, 2013 12:59 PM EDT||
PARIS, September 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The Popular Game Continues to Dominate the Smartphone and Tablet Charts
Following the incredible success of Despicable Me 2 in theaters worldwide, the game companion based on the franchise, "Despicable Me: Minion Rush," has been an epic hit on the App Store and Google Play. The free-to-play title has been downloaded over 100 million times since its release less than three months ago.
Thanks to close collaboration between mobile and social game developer Gameloft (GFT.PA), Universal Partnerships & Licensing and Despicable Me creators Illumination Entertainment, "Despicable Me: Minion Rush" has become a major sensation. That success is due in no small part to the polished look and feel of the game, which is infused with the genuine heart and soul of the franchise.
"We've been lucky to work with such creative and visionary minds like the team at Illumination Entertainment," says Julien Fournials, SVP Production at Gameloft. "Bringing the Minions to life in a game was great fun. Our collaboration brought a lot of authenticity to the table, from the Minion voices to the uniquely comedic gameplay, and that authenticity helped introduce a lot of fans to the game."
"Gameloft did an incredible job recreating the Minions and the environments from the movies," says Stephanie Sperber, President of Universal Partnerships & Licensing. "We are continuing to work hard to bring new and exciting content to the game to engage the millions of fans who enjoy 'Minion Rush' on a daily basis."
Gameloft remains dedicated to keeping the "Despicable Me: Minion Rush" universe well populated. The first update to the game added a full new environment, El Macho's Lair, including the new film's villain El Macho and the purple Evil Minions. There will continue to be more content in future updates, where fans can expect new areas and Minion costumes from the movies.
The new update to the game is now available on Google Play and soon on the App Store. It includes a full new environment: The Minion Beach from Despicable Me 2, with tons of fun and cute Minion moments! There are also beach themed costumes like the Snorkeler Minion and Surfer Minion. In addition, more variety has been added in all locations, including new lanes for more fun in each run!
Since its release in June 2013, "Despicable Me: Minion Rush" players played more than 260 million hours, collected 2,000 billion bananas, performed 55 billion Despicable Actions!
Discover a new trailer: http://youtu.be/Fe-O4NcJh-E
About Despicable Me 2
Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment's worldwide blockbuster Despicable Me entertained audiences around the globe in 2010, grossing more than $540 million and becoming the 10th-biggest animated motion picture in U.S. history.
Released this July, Chris Meledandri and his acclaimed filmmaking team created an all-new comedy adventure featuring the return of (former?) super-villain Gru (Steve Carell), his adorable girls, the unpredictably hilarious Minions...and a host of new and outrageously funny characters. http://www.despicable.me
A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes and connected TVs. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat or Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal®, Illumination Entertainment®, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, FOX®, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
Gameloft is present on all continents, distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs over 5,000 developers.
Gameloft is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris (Euronext: GFT.PA, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA). Gameloft is traded OTC in the US (sponsored Level 1 ADR ticker: GLOFY).
About Universal Partnerships & Licensing
UP&L oversees Universal's consumer product licensing, film and home entertainment promotions, and all corporate alliances for Universal's theatrical, home entertainment, theme parks and stage productions. This dedicated division is also responsible for monetizing the Studio's vast library of films and characters through licensing, branding and marketing opportunities. UP&L is part of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
For more information, press only:
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- Innovative Products, Financial Results Schedule, Annual General Meeting, and Mortgage Survey Results - Research Report on Google, TripAdvisor, Akamai, Bitauto, and Bankrate
- Global Cloud Computing Services Industry
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- TokBox Launches WebRTC Support
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up