|By Marketwired .||
|October 1, 2013 08:00 AM EDT||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 10/01/13 -- Meru Networks® (NASDAQ: MERU), a leader in Wi-Fi networking, today announced that The Carneros Inn in Napa, Calif. has increased guest satisfaction and decreased IT help desk calls and on-site responses by replacing its previous wireless network with Wi-Fi from Meru. The network also enabled the deployment of a new wireless point-of-sales system for resort dining. The Inn has achieved full coverage of its cottages, larger homes and additional facilities with reliable Wi-Fi delivered by Meru.
The Carneros Inn, which features individual homes and cottages in addition to full meeting, dining and spa facilities, needed a solution that would enable seamless roaming for its guests, no matter where they were on the property. Spread across 27 acres equidistant from Napa and Sonoma, the resort's fully-separated, metal-roofed residences and additional facilities posed difficulties for other Wi-Fi vendors that The Carneros Inn IT evaluated. The Meru single-channel, virtual cell architecture eliminates cross-channel interference, resulting in a stronger signal and better performance than competitive offerings, even in highly contentious RF environments.
"The Meru architecture enables seamless roaming and ensures continued mobility, where others do not," said Robert Heiser, director of accounting and IT at The Carneros Inn. "With Meru, we can guarantee the same high-quality wireless Internet experience, whether our guests are in their rooms or working collaboratively in one of our banquet halls. The E(z)RF solution allows us to troubleshoot and fix global network or even guest-specific issues remotely. This is a huge benefit for a two-person IT department like ours."
The Meru Wi-Fi also enabled the deployment of a wireless point-of sales solution for the resort's dining group. Staff members are now able to place orders for guests wherever they might be, including the Hilltop pool area which offers some of the resort's best views of wine country, using iPad Minis. According to Heiser, the system, "shaves tons of time off the amount of time it takes to ring in the order, get the drink and actually provide our guests with good customer service."
Named among Travel + Leisure's Top 25 most romantic get-aways, The Carneros Inn, a PlumpJack Group Resort, was created to provide an intimate atmosphere that is reminiscent of its unique surroundings. Nestled among seemingly endless rows of grape vines, unspoiled farmland, and scenic apple orchards, The Carneros Inn's design was based on cues from the local countryside -- including barns, silos and ranchers' cottages and combined with stylish, modern interiors -- to capture the region's distinct charm as well as the needs of its sophisticated guests. The resort features 86 charming private guest cottages and suites and nightly private luxury home rentals, each furnished with casual elegance and nestled in a lush garden courtyard with private deck. Innovative dining options at The Carneros Inn include the architecturally dramatic Hilltop Dining Room, FARM, and The Boon Fly Café, a roadhouse-style public eatery. In addition to the cottages, 24 stylish resort homes, as well as The Orchard Private Residence Club, are located on the grounds.
Uninterrupted Service for Guests and Staff
Wi-Fi coverage and consistency of connection are always prime concerns in hospitality, as the overwhelming majority of hotel guests have told the industry. Survey after survey returns the same result: most guests simply will not stay at a hotel that has sub-par Wi-Fi service. Meru's patented single-channel architecture helps ensure uninterrupted service for guests and staff with wireless coverage that is consistently high-performing across the entire property, with no dead zones. Meru's Wi-Fi is designed to permit guests to roam the property seamlessly with no dropped connections, making it perfect for streaming video and other bandwidth-intensive activities.
"The Carneros Inn is a world-class personal and business resort destination with the continued satisfaction of its guests as its most critical metric," said Srinath Sarang, co-founder and general manager of the hospitality and entertainment business unit at Meru. "We are honored that we were able to help the resort measurably increase guest satisfaction while also increasing operational efficiency. The best thing we can hear is that the Wi-Fi network enabled repeat business for the resort with a clear return on investment, and the team at The Carneros Inn tells us that is indeed the case."
For more information about Meru Hospitality Wi-Fi Solutions, see: http://www.merunetworks.com/collateral/solution-briefs/hospitality_wi-fi_solution_brief.pdf
About Meru Networks
Meru Networks (NASDAQ: MERU) is a market leader in the development of mobile access and virtualized Wi-Fi solutions. Meru's MobileFLEX wireless architecture addresses the ever-growing need for higher bandwidth and higher client densities. The Meru Identity Manager solution greatly simplifies secure device on-boarding and the company's unique Context-aware Application Layers enable dedicated channel assignments for specific applications, devices and usage scenarios. Meru customers include Fortune 500 businesses as well as leaders in education, healthcare and hospitality. Founded in 2002, Meru is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Japan. Visit www.merunetworks.com or call (408) 215-5300 for more information.
© 2013 Meru Networks, Inc. Meru Networks, Meru and E(z)RF are registered trademarks of Meru Networks, Inc. in the United States. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners.
Director of Public Relations
+1 408 516 6182
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- 2013 CEA Industry Forum to Feature Holiday Sales Trends and Five Techs to Watch, High-Level Keynoters and CE Hall of Fame Dinner
- The Death of the Office
- TokBox Launches WebRTC Support
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up