|By Business Wire||
|October 3, 2013 07:02 AM EDT||
Summertime Entertainment, producers of the 3-D CG animated feature film Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return, distributed by Clarius Entertainment and slated for wide theatrical release in May 2014, has released an interactive iOS app Toto Oz Party, featuring the film’s canine character, Toto.
Toto App for Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return (Photo: Business Wire)
Connecting state-of-the-art technology and human interaction, Toto Oz Party is the first dance app to use motion tracking camera technology to allow players to make the cartooned terrier dance and fetch by using their own body movements.
“Toto Oz Party brings the spirited and beloved Toto to life in a truly unique way. You interact with Toto in the same way you would a real dog,” says Brad Jashinsky, digital producer at Summertime Entertainment. “Both children and adults will be amazed the first time they dance with Toto to their favorite song.”
The app uses camera gesture control and gyro sensing to bring Toto to life. Its “Music and Dance” option allows players to dance with Toto to any song on their device. The app analyzes the beats of the selected song and creates custom patterns for the player to dance to. By dancing in a certain direction the player can hit the many different targets to earn points. When the player hits the targets they collect points and the difficulty increases. Every song provides a different experience for the player and Toto.
In addition to making Toto dance, the “Play Fetch” option emulates the natural feel of a game of fetch with Toto. Players can also use the “Weather” option that utilizes GPS to see how Toto responds to the current weather in their neighborhood.
Toto Oz Party, co-developed with Xenium Digital and Mega World Media, is available today for the Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch for $0.99 on the Apple App Store. Visit TotoOzParty.com to learn more and download Toto Oz Party.
Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return picks-up right after the end of L. Frank Baum’s beloved fairy tale “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.” The film continues Dorothy and Toto’s journey via the subsequent adventure books written by Baum’s great-grandson, Roger Stanton Baum. The film stars Lea Michele (Dorothy), Martin Short (Jester), Jim Belushi (Lion), Dan Aykroyd (Scarecrow), Kelsey Grammer (Tin Man), Megan Hilty (China Princess), Hugh Dancy (Marshal Mallow), Oliver Platt (Wiser the Owl), Patrick Stewart (Tugg) and Bernadette Peters (Glinda). www.LegendsOfOzMovie.com
About Summertime Entertainment:
Founded by Ryan Carroll and Roland Carroll, Summertime Entertainment, dba of Alpine Pictures, Inc. is a multi-media company specializing in family friendly entertainment for film, television, digital, mobile and other transmedia platforms. More information about Summertime Entertainment can be found at www.summertimemedia.com.
About Mega World Media:
Founded by NMd. Parveez, Xenium Digital private Ltd. is a leader in Indian Interactive Advertising and innovative gaming App space, and has clientele across the world. Xenium helps companies build great brands by creating engaging experiences for consumers in today's digital world, developing novel interaction concepts and solutions in close co-operation with partners from industry leaders and the scientific community. Their skills in high-resolution auto stereoscopic displays, head and eye tracking, gesture interactions, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality is backed by substantial international research and transfer projects. Website www.xenium.in
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- Global Cloud Computing Services Industry
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- 2013 CEA Industry Forum to Feature Holiday Sales Trends and Five Techs to Watch, High-Level Keynoters and CE Hall of Fame Dinner
- TokBox Launches WebRTC Support
- SYS-CON Announces WebRTC Summit
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- Vidyo and Google Collaborate on WebRTC
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up