|By Marketwired .||
|October 15, 2013 08:00 AM EDT||
TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 10/15/13 -- Route1 Inc. (TSX VENTURE:ROI), a digital security and identity management company whose customers include the U.S. Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Energy, and the Government of Canada, today introduced the MobiKEY Fusion A2T, an advanced tool for ID-1 smart card users (CAC, PIV and FRAC) who want to use an iPad, iPad mini, iPhone or iPod touch to access data remotely.
Route1 also announced a summary of Fall 2013 conferences and tradeshows where the Company and its technology will be on display, and executives will be keynoting.
MobiKEY Fusion A2T
With the announcement of the MobiKEY Fusion A2T, Route1 has expanded the number of mobile devices that ID-1 smart card users can utilize to securely access data via the MobiKEY technology. MobiKEY is a complete desktop, secure remote access technology that integrates multi-factor authentication and identity management in a mobile computing environment.
The MobiKEY Fusion A2T device is a patented identity validation device that integrates with ID-1 smart cards or government issued identity cards such as CAC, PIV and FRAC. The multi-factor authentication technology combines physical possession of the MobiKEY Fusion A2T device and an identity card, with computer and network access, allowing for remote use of an iPad, iPad mini, iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 6 or higher.
The MobiKEY Fusion A2T differs from the MobiKEY Fusion in the type of mobile operating systems it is compatible with. A2T is Route1's response to mobile devices that do not have a USB port. The MobiKEY Fusion A2T comes in two versions, a Lightning connector or the 30-pin version.
Brian Brunetti, President of Route1, commented, "Last month we released a white paper titled 'Avoiding BYOD Legal Issues'. The paper discusses legal and security issues that Enterprises, including the government, face as a result of deploying a Bring Your Own Device, or BYOD, program. Complicating matters for Enterprises who use a smart card based user authentication approach and want to move forward with a BYOD program, is the challenge of supporting mobile devices that do not have a USB port."
Mr. Brunetti continued, "MobiKEY, Route1's flagship technology, eliminates legal and security issues stemming from BYOD. The release of the MobiKEY Fusion A2T allows iPad, iPad mini, iPhone or iPod touch users to securely utilize their preferred device."
A copy of the report is available at: http://www.route1.com/thought-leadership.html.
Route1 will be attending the following conferences and trade shows. If you will be attending and would like to meet with us, please contact us in advance by emailing Route1 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Smart Card Alliance - SecureTech 2013 AFCEA TechNet Asia- 12th Annual Government Pacific 2013 Conference ============================================================================ Where: Walter E. Washington Ottawa Convention Hilton Hawaiian Convention Center Centre Village Waikiki Washington, DC, USA Ottawa, ON, Canada Beach Resort Booth #305 Booth #1006 Honolulu, HI, USA Booth #610 When: October 15-16, 2013 October 29-30, 2013 December 3-5, 2013 More Info: http://www.govsmartid.com https://www.securet http://www.afcea.or echcanada.ca/ g/events/asiapacifi c/13/intro.asp ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tony Busseri, Route1's CEO, will present at SecureTech 2013. Mr. Busseri will be on the "Innovation Stage" on Wednesday, October 30 at 9:30 am to discuss "Remote Access: Defending our Weakest Cyber-Position." SecureTech is Canada's only all-encompassing public safety and national security conference and trade show. Hosted by the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries, the conference features an Innovation Stage for emergency and security companies to promote new product lines and technology.
ABOUT ROUTE1, INC.
Route1 delivers industry-leading security and identity management technologies to corporations and government agencies that require universal, secure access to digital resources and sensitive data. These customers depend on The Power of MobiNET - Route1's universal identity management and service delivery platform. MobiNET provides identity assurance and individualized access to applications, data and networks. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Route1 is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the ticker symbol ROI.
For more information, visit our website at: www.route1.com.
This news release, required by applicable Canadian laws, does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any of the securities in the United States. The securities have not been and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "U.S. Securities Act") or any state securities laws and may not be offered or sold within the United States or to U.S. Persons unless registered under the U.S. Securities Act and applicable state securities laws or an exemption from such registration is available.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
© Route1 Inc., 2013. All rights reserved. Route1, the Route1 and shield design Logo, SECURING THE DIGITAL WORLD, Mobi, MobiSecure, MobiLINK, Route1 MobiKEY, Route1 MobiVDI, MobiKEY, MobiKEY IBAD, DEFIMNET, MobiNET, Route1 MobiNET, TruOFFICE, TruFLASH, TruOFFICE VDI, MobiKEY Fusion, MobiNET Aggregation Gateway, MobiNET Switching Array, MobiNET Secure Gateway, EnterpriseLIVE, EnterpriseLIVE Virtualization Orchestrator, MobiNET Agent, MobiKEY Classic and MobiKEY Classic 2, are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Route1 Inc. in the United States and or Canada. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners. The DEFIMNET and MobiNET platforms, the MobiKEY, MobiKEY Classic, MobiKEY Classic 2 and MobiKEY Fusion devices, and MobiLINK are protected by U.S. Patents 7,814,216 and 7,739,726, Canadian Patent 2,578,053, and other patents pending.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- The Race for Sensors to Supply Big Data and Enterprise Mobility
- Kobo Sets Sights On Billion-Reader Opportunity As It Introduces World-Class eReading Experience To India
- Flexera Software Enhances InstallAnywhere 2013, Further Enabling 64-Bit, Multi-Tiered Virtualized and Cloud Installations
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of October 27, 2013
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ Hadoop™ 2
- Small Business Essentials: Why You Should Never Finish Your Website
- The Big Data Analytics Market 2013-2023
- 2013 CEA Industry Forum to Feature Holiday Sales Trends and Five Techs to Watch, High-Level Keynoters and CE Hall of Fame Dinner
- The Death of the Office
- Media Streaming Technology Specialist bitmovin Releases Latest Version of Its MPEG DASH Streaming Media Client Solution
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Twilio Announces Business Critical Apps in the Cloud
- Oracle Communications Unveils WebRTC Session Controller
- Amazon and Apple: Different Paths to Innovation
- 4.7 Billion Mobile WebRTC Devices by 2018
- WebRTC Update: HD Has Rolled Out To Hangouts
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-based Business Telephone Solution Available to National Accounts via Authorized Dealer Network
- How Good APM and Capacity Planning Can Help Global Carriers
- Cisco's New Collaboration Solutions To Support WebRTC
- Discount Code for Strata and Hadoop World NYC is 28-30 Oct 2013
- Telepresence Options Launches WebRTC News And Resource Website
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up