|By PR Newswire||
|February 4, 2014 06:17 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Strategic Analysis of the World Optical and Image Sensors Market
New Applications Project High Growth
This research service discusses the global optical and image sensors market. Under image sensors, CCD and CMOS types have been discussed. Both the optical and image sensors market is forecast to register significant growth due to their use in smart phones, and tablets. Also, product and technology trends, declining prices have enabled both optical and image sensors to find new applications in medical, automotive and industrial. Unit shipment, revenue forecast, end-user forecast (by revenue), geographic forecast, market share analysis, have been discussed for both optical and image sensors. At the total level, product and technology trends, and competitive factors have been discussed.
• Digital imaging is one of the most rapidly evolving areas in electronics. The popularity of social networking, which enables users to instantly share their latest photos, has led to increasing demand for camera functions in mobile phones and for tablets with high image/ video quality. Image sensors form the core of this functionality.
• Image sensors with enhanced sensitivity and dynamic ranges have led to better image quality for consumers. Therefore, the massive growth in demand for camera-enabled mobile phones and tablets across the globe will have a direct bearing on the image sensors market.
• The availability of cost-effective and high-resolution image sensors is driving the demand in these segments.
• While the largest application of the image sensors is in the smartphones and tablets segment, there has been a growing need for image sensors in the automotive, healthcare (medical), industrial, security, and surveillance arenas. Automation in factories has also contributed to an increase in demand for image sensors in the machine vision segment.
• Image sensors in smartphones and tablets are used for camera functions, while optical sensors are used for brightness optimization (to save battery power) and to enhance the viewing experience.
• As with image sensors, smartphones and tablets have been the key contributors to the growth of optical sensors. These sensors are expected to witness high growth in automotive, medical, and industrial applications in the medium and long term.
• New products, technological evolution, and emerging applications for optical and image sensors are key drivers of demand. With device manufacturers willing to shift over to more expensive sensors, higher revenue growth is projected for both of these sensors.
1. The optical and image sensors market is fuelled not only by smartphones and tablets, but also by cars, medical equipment, home automation, and security networks for which new imaging applications are designed.
2. For entry into automotive markets, sensor manufacturers need to work closely with large OEMs on multiple new sensors to develop the next generation of automotive vision systems. For the medical segment, complexity of design and strict safety standards need to be attained.
3. Maintaining a balance between high image quality, technology, and price is the biggest challenge for the industry.
4. It is difficult for smaller manufacturers to differentiate their products by any factor, other than price. This deters their entry into high-volume applications markets.
5. Shortening the development time for optical and image sensors is important because of the short product life cycles of the consumer market where they are primarily targeted.
Optical sensors measure the amount of light available in the environment and also measure reflected light to detect the presence of objects. These sensors can be used with any type of display, in a number of applications, such as in cell phones, tablets, notebook computers, home automation, industrial, medical, and automotive. The sensors significantly improve user experience by adjusting backlight intensity (detecting light level), providing better viewing comfort by automatically adjusting screen brightness, reducing power consumption through power savings activation, and by enabling speakerphone activation (detecting user presence), to name a few.
Image sensors convert a light/visual image into an electronic/digital signal. While optical sensors are responsible for an improved viewing/user experience, image sensors are responsible for the image quality. Hence the sensor market spans a variety of end-user segments such as cell phones, tablets, digital still cameras, computers, and for segments such as security, medical, industrial, automotive, and defense. This report discusses the charge-coupled device (CCD) and complementary metal oxide semi-conductor (CMOS) image sensor markets by the overall market, geographic distributions, end-user industries, competitive structure, and market share analysis.
• DSC: Digital still camera
• Mobile handset: Cell phones, smartphones
• Tablets: Mobile computers (Apple, Samsung, and others)
• Data processing: Photocopiers, printers, multifunction printers, and other office equipment
• Home automation: Irons, refrigerators, lamps (table or desk), and similar items
• Automotive: Cameras built into cars for safety and assistance; Advanced Driver Assistance System; blind-spot viewing; lane departure warning; automatic headlight dimming; rear, corner, and blind-spot viewing; lighting control; vehicle displays; rearview mirror positioning; and similar applications
• Computer: Desktop PCs, laptops, and notebooks
• Security: Security, video surveillance systems, cameras, and more
• Medical: Imaging applications in diagnostics, monitoring, surgery, and similar; general lighting
• Industrial: Machine vision, automation, and more
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
How long will the optical and image sensors market continue to grow, and at what rate?
What are the key growth drivers and restraints for the market?
What is the competitive landscape of the market?
What are the key product and technological trends in the optical and image sensors markets?
What are the key applications for optical and image sensors that are growing, maturing, and declining?
Apart from smartphones and tablets, what are the potential areas of growth globally?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Optical and Image Sensors Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• Competitive Analysis
• Industry Convergence Implications
4. Optical Sensors Segment Breakdown
5. Image Sensors Segment Breakdown
6. The Last Word
To order this report: Strategic Analysis of the World Optical and Image Sensors Market
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
- Veo, the new App for iPhone, iPod Touch and Android Offers "Free Stuff" from Big Brands to Hispanic Shoppers; First of its Kind in Hispanic Category
- Enterprise Mobility Asia News Weekly – Week of March 2, 2014
- Security Solutions Discussed by Industry Leaders in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews With HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks, Nuance, StrikeForce, Xcluesiv Cloud Technology
- March 2014 StorageIO Update Newsletter : Cisco Cloud, VMware VSAN and More
- MBaaS, Cloud Computing and Architectures for Enterprise Mobility - What Your Mother Never Told You
- Infonetics: Mobile Device Security Taking Front Stage as Businesses Try to Get Tighter Grip on Mobile Gear
- Eliminating Mobility Silos
- How to Develop Apps for Vehicles
- Wake Up! Your Business Has Changed!
- Global Cloud-based Storage Industry
- Book Review | iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (4th Edition)
- Enterprise Mobility Asia News Weekly – Week of March 9, 2014
- RSA Conference USA 2014 Exhibitor Profiles (A through L)
- Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Industry
- Enterprise Mobility 2013: BYOD, MDM, Big Data and Application Management
- Security Solutions Discussed by Industry Leaders in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews With HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks, StrikeForce, Xcluesiv Cloud Technology, and PSA Security Network
- Mobile Malware Milestone
- How to Choose Business Software: The Top 5 Considerations
- The Cloud-Based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Market 2013-2023
- Enterprise Mobility Asia News Weekly – Week of March 2, 2014
- Top 20 Cloud Computing Companies 2014
- Cyber Security Market Forecast 2014-2024
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Sun Blew its "iPhone" Java Opportunity to AJAX
- Building an iPhone Application with Adobe AIR
- iPhone Will Make Mobile AJAX and Web 2.0 Happen
- AJAXWorld Conference Adds "iPhone Developer Track"
- Why Build Applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch?
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- Designing For the "iPhone" Is a Refreshing Experience
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?